Is this holiday party worth the price? Sharing my best Sweets and Sounds Dessert Party Tips at Universal Orlando. This post is sponsored by Universal Orlando Resort. All merry opinions are my own
Sweets and Sounds Dessert Party Tips at Universal Orlando | Is It Worth the Price?
You had me at dessert. And party.
Hi, I’m Christie, and I love dessert parties.
Universal Orlando Resort is celebrating the holidays with two of my favorite words! Come check out the Sweets & Sounds Dessert Party, here for a limited time this 2019 holiday season. Now in it’s second year, this holiday event is offering some of the most exclusive theme park experiences to get you and your family in the holiday spirit. Today I’m sharing my best Sweets and Sounds Dessert Party tips for families, what to expect during the party, and answering the question – is it worth the price?
What to Expect at the Sweets & Sounds Dessert Party
This approximately 3.5 hour dessert party offers guests a unique Universal Orlando Resort experience during the holidays. Featuring exclusive food offerings and exclusive viewings of the best holiday events at Universal Studios Florida, families can relax and enjoy an evening of fun activities, sweets and sounds to make your spirits bright. From all-you-can-eat desserts to giant balloons in the sky to the sweet music of the season, it’s a one-of-a-kind theme park experience.
All-You-Can Eat and Drink Dessert Party
The party is happening over at the Cafe La Bamba Restaurant, located directly across from the Horror Make-Up Show. After checking in and receiving your bracelets, you are provided access to the buffet style sweet treats and savory bites, beverages, and outdoor eating areas.
- Sweets – mini bites ranging from cookies to cakes to tarts to chocolate covered strawberries
- Savory Bites – including kettle chips, homemade hummus, pita, assorted cheeses, and vegetables
- Sparkling Wine (for guests 21 years and up with valid photo ID)
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages – such as water, soda, sparkling cider, hot cocoa
Exclusive Viewing for Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s
Sidenote: Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade in New York City is on my bucket list. But while we have no future plans to see it person yet, the Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s is definitely as close as it comes. One of my favorite holiday parades, the giant balloons soar overhead as your favorite Universal characters join up for one of my favorite parades in town. With the Sweets and Sounds Dessert Party, you will have an up close and personal viewing of the action.
- Parade viewing area opens at 4:30 pm and is located on the “street” side of Cafe La Bamba Restaurant. This is where the parade actually begins. It’s a really great location to catch the floats as they start the parade route. (Although it’s still NOT my favorite spot to catch the parade. See the best Universal’s Holiday Parade spot.)
- Parade begins at 5:30 pm for all 2019 Sweets and Sounds Dessert Party dates (subject to change)
- Includes 2 views of the parade, one as it enters and one as it ends. What’s great about the exclusive viewing area, you get a confetti opening!
Reserved Viewing for the Mannheim Steamroller Concert
Your Sweets & Sounds Dessert Party tickets also includes a reserved viewing area at the Universal Music Plaza Stage for a live concert by Mannheim Steamroller. If you’ve never heard or seen this concert before, it’s incredible. Puts me right in the Christmas spirit. Also includes non-alcoholic beverages (supplied in the area) and access to an exclusive cash bar. Seating begins at 6:45 pm and the concert starts at 7 pm.
Sweets and Sounds Dessert Party Tips for Families
Ok, parents, this section is for you. While similar in a lot of ways to other dessert parties in the theme park world, the Universal Orlando Sweets & Sounds Dessert Party offers some great perks and options for those considering bringing the kids along with. Here’s some tips in case you want to bring the whole family along for this special holiday event:
- You will need tickets for park admission. The dessert party tickets do NOT give you access to the theme park, but act as an add-on to your theme park tickets.
- While reservations are NOT required, I still highly recommend securing tickets before you go.
- There are 4 available start times for the dessert party: 4:30pm 4:45pm, 5:00pm and 5:15pm. Choose according to your appetites, crowd handling, and children’s temperaments. Earlier start times give you earlier access to more food and prime parade viewing.
- They really mean all-you-can-eat and drink. Don’t be shy! There are plenty of savory and sweet bites to satisfy as a meal, as well as drinks for the whole family. Be sure to check with staff first regarding any allergies!
- Restrooms are located inside Cafe La Bamba for the dessert party and just outside of the viewing area for Mannheim Steamroller. Parents, you’re covered for those emergency potty breaks!
- The parade is a MUST for kids. Your kids can get right up close to the action in the enclosed area! Ensure a spot closest to the parade by getting there early.
- You’re welcome to watch the parade twice. But FYI, the staff will guide folks out of the area in between – in case you want to catch a ride or two before the concert!
- The reserved viewing area for the Mannheim Steamroller includes a large “artificial turf” area, cushion-y enough for sitting and playing on. There’s plenty of space for kids to dance to the music, as well as close access to bathrooms (adjoined to the Jimmy Fallon’s Race Through New York ride).
Is the Sweets & Sounds Dessert Party Worth the Price?
Sweets and Sounds Dessert party tickets are $49.99 for adults and $29.99 for children ages 3-9 (taxes not included). For all-you-can-eat foods (sweet and savory), drinks, special parade viewing (double the views!), and the priority seating for Mannheim Steamroller, I think it’s definitely worth the price. You get enough food to satisfy as a meal, plenty of exclusive entertainment viewing, and holiday traditions that the family will LOVE. I do wish they would throw in some Express Passes with the ticket price.
But overall this much more affordable theme park holiday party is a great option for families. And I definitely recommend going at least once!
Sweets & Sounds Dessert Party Dates & Details
The Sweets & Sounds Dessert Party at Universal Orlando Resort is available for a limited time on December 1, 7, 8, 14, and 15, 2019. Tickets are $49.99 for adults and $29.99 for children ages 3-9 (taxes not included). For more information and to purchase tickets, head to the website HERE. And don’t forget to check out all of the holiday events at the parks this season with these Best Tips for Visiting Universal Orlando for the Holidays!
Will you be putting the Universal Orlando Sweets & Sounds Dessert Party on your family’s holiday bucket list? What are your best Sweets and Sounds Dessert Party tips?
Love Universal Orlando Resort tips? Check out these popular posts: