Host a fabulous fishing themed party with these adorable Gone Fishing Party Jello Dessert, easy and fun recipe for kids! May contain commissioned links
Gone Fishing Party Jello Dessert
One Fish. Two Fish. See Fish. Eat Fish. Or at least that’s my motto 🙂
I’ve been in a fishy mood lately, drumming up the perfect way to get a smile out of my son during these last few weeks of school. Enter in this adorable Gone Fishing Party Jello Dessert – a sweet treat with summer on the horizon. Quick to make and gluten free, these little dessert cups are the perfect addition to your fishing party (Finding Dory Party, anyone?), Father’s Day, or summer get together.
Ready to reel in some serious smiles?
It’s all about presentation here. A bit of Jell-O, a few supplies in your home and little creativity make the perfect combination to Go Fish….literally. Plus with gummy worms in the mix (bet you can’t eat just one), my kids are all over this FUN snack idea for summer. Ready to go fishing with me? Let’s make these Gone Fishing Party Jello Dessert Cups.
Starting with the Jell-O, make according to the quick set directions. We ain’t got time for that 4 hour set business! We’re going to layer mandarin oranges and Jell-O in the cocktail cups with quick chill in between, just like my Finding Nemo Jell-O Dessert.
Once you have the layers of “fish” and water all set, it’s time to focus on the fishing pole! This is seriously the cutest part of the whole ordeal. Getting your bendy straws together (c’mon Mom, I know you have one in every color), it’s time to shape your fishing rod. Cutting off about 3 inches off the long end and adding a vertical snip through the straw, we can then thread the string through the straw to hold the fishing line in place.
Now it’s time to add our worms. I tied the end of the string (go for the non-fuzzy kind. You don’t want string hairs in your worms.) around the middle of the worm. Then thread the string through the straw slit you made and down the back of the fishing pole.
Tape the whole fishing rod to the edge of the cocktail cup, allowing the worm to hang just above the water.
Super FUN, right?
Then it’s time to serve up your fishy treat to some really adorable kids. Can you picture these adorable Gone Fishing Party Jello Dessert Cups at your next Finding Dory movie screening? Or a fun water play date? We certainly can! Here’s the recipe so you can save and print.
And don’t forget to PIN this one!
Gone Fishing Party Jell-O Dessert Cups
- 2 3 oz. boxes of blue berry flavored Jell-O
- 1 17.2 oz. package of mandarin oranges (about 4 snack cups)
- 1 package of gummy worms candy. I used SurfSweets Organic Gummy Worms!
- 8 clear plastic cocktail cups
- 8 plastic bendy straws
- Make gelatin according to "quick set" instructions.
- Add a few oranges to the bottom of each cup. These will be your "fish."
- Pour small amount of gelatin into each cup until the oranges are JUST covered.
- Place cups in fridge for about 10-15 minutes or until set.
- Add another layer of oranges. Pour another small amount of gelatin into each cup until JUST covered.
- Chill in fridge for another 10-15 minutes or until set.
- Add even amounts of remaining gelatin to each cup. Chill until fully set.
- Meanwhile, cut the bendy straws about 3-3.5 inches off the longer end of the straw. Still on the long end, cut a small vertical snip into the top and bottom of the straw opening. This will be the top of your fishing pole.
- Take your string and tie around the end of one gummy worm. Thread the string into the slit of the straw with gummy worm hanging off the end. Tape the bendy end of the straw and end of the string to the top of the cocktail glass so that the worm hangs down above the gelatin. Cut off excess string. Repeat for remaining cups.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Enjoy this sweet treat!
When would you enjoy this adorable Gone Fishing Sweet Treat?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for adorable recipe ideas, kids crafts, family travel and more.