Easy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds + Variations
Here’s an easy recipe for one of my favorite fall time snacks! I love this time of year. Fall time means pumpkins and pumpkin mean pumpkin seeds! And roasted pumpkin seeds are a fabulous way to get into the fall spirit!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/2 Cups Pumpkin seeds – pulp removed, washed, and dried
- Butter (about 1 Tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon Salt (more or less to taste)
Cost = as low as $5.99 for the pumpkin only!
1. Melt Butter.
2. Coat Pumpkin Seeds with butter
3. Sprinkle with salt (to taste) (I do about 2 pinches)
4. Roast in oven at 250 degrees for about 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
-For Extra Dry Seeds (dried overnight), increase temperature to 300 degrees and decrease cooking time to about 45 minutes
5. Remove when golden brown.
Allow to cool. Store in an air tight container.
- Sweet – instead of salt, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmug, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spicy – 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, dash cayenne pepper, dash of sugar
- Cheesy – 1/4 cup Parmesan, Romano or Peccorino Cheese, 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
ENJOY these yummy fall flavors and for cheap! Couponer tip ~ Buy pumpkins for reduced prices after Halloween to stock up on more seeds!