Need a quick weeknight meal idea? Make ahead these Easy Fajita Stuffed Avocados for a unique twist on Taco Tuesday! This post is sponsored by Produce for Kids. All delicious opinions are my own.
Easy Fajita Stuffed Avocados for Quick Weeknight Meal
Confession: I struggle with meal prep. I’m really good at planning out menus for the week. I love shopping the sales. I don’t mind cooking either. But somewhere between school lunches and busy after school activities – the planned menus and meal prep go out the window about mid week, easily sacrificing fresh and tasty meals for convenience.
Anyone else feel me?
But 2020 is the year where I need to be a little more diligent with our family budget. We spent and wasted so much fresh food last year, just because we were NOT prepared. That’s money we could have used to not only feed our family, but feed our soul. I’m hopping back on the meal prep/make ahead bandwagon again with these Easy Fajita Stuffed Avocados for a quick weeknight meal. Let’s make weeknight dinners less stressful this year!
I’m on The Mission for Nutrition | Give Back Meals This March!
When time is tight, I am definitely one to sacrifice nutrition for convenience. But motivated to not only feed my family better, but to have the opportunity to give back, now is the time to be on the Mission for Nutrition with Produce for Kids! With healthy meal planning and prep tips, recipes and more, you can achieve healthy family eating while giving back to families in need! And perfect timing, because March is National Nutrition Month! Here’s how you can get involved:
- Buy participating produce brands now through March 31, 2020. Participating brands include: Crispy Green® Crispy Fruit, RealSweet® Sweet Onions, Eat Smart® Sweet Kale Salad, Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing, Mission Avocado, Nature Fresh Farms TOMz Cherry Tomatoes, Pero Family Farms® Mini Sweet Peppers.
- Head over to www.themissionfornutrition.com to download your meal planning eBook with tips, recipes, podcast episodes, and more.
- Enter to win weekly prizes like meal prep containers, a Vitamix blender, and a KitchenAid Food Processor!
- Help donate meals to families in need in partnership with Feeding America!
Easy Fajita Stuffed Avocados Recipe
With easy make ahead meal prep, a few leftovers, and simple swap for something tastier, these easy fajita stuffed avocados make a great family meal. Can we say Taco Tuesday – but better? Perfect for on-the-go (hello, baseball practice!) and for little hands, this family approved recipe definitely steps up our taco nights. Ready to take your Taco Tuesday to the next level?
Easy Fajita Stuffed Avocados Recipe
- 1 sweet onion (like RealSweet® Sweet Onions), chopped
- 8 oz. bag of mini sweet peppers (like Pero Family Farms® Mini Sweet Peppers), chopped
- 8 oz. leftover rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 oz. fajita seasoning
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 4 avocados (like Mission Avocado), ripened
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped - OPTIONAL
- In medium bowl, mix together onion, peppers, chicken, fajita seasoning and olive oil. Stir to coat evenly.
- Heat fajita mixture in saute pan on medium heat. Stir frequently until peppers are soft and onions are translucent. Turn off heat.
- Cut avocados lengthwise in half. Remove seed. Scoop out some of the avocado (if desired) to hold your fajita mixture.
- Stuff avocado with fajita mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro (if desired). Serve warm.
I hope that you’ll stand with me this March for National Nutrition Month and Produce for Kids’ Mission for Nutrition. It’s a delicious way to be mindful about the nutrition we are feeding our families throughout our busy weeks, give back meals to families in need and win!
How are you spicing up your Taco Tuesday meals? Would your family eat these Easy Fajita Stuffed Avocados?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for easy family recipes, craft ideas, travel tips and more.