Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks Italian Style
My slow cooker has done it again. Moist and tender chicken with no work. Sign me up. I’ve got the perfect weeknight meal for your busy schedule. Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks Italian Style has got me like – YUM! A few ingredients and a family gathered around the table, this crock pot chicken drumstick dish is going to win over your hearts and your bellies.
I love when a meal just comes together. Organic chicken drumsticks were BOGO at the store this past week. Winning. Then my father-in-law offered me a bunch of fresh basil from his garden (um….yes, please!). I couldn’t let this deliciousness go to waste. So I pulled out my BFF, the Crock Pot. Oh-Em-Goodness. Throw a bunch of things in a pot and turn it on? Try and stop me. Just try. Sending up a little prayer (hey, our dinner was on the line!), I let the slow cooker do it’s thing. And the results couldn’t be more amazing. Ready to make your new favorite slow cooker meal? Be sure to save this recipe:
- 12 chicken drumsticks (washed, skins on)
- (1) 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- Handful of fresh basil (I used about 10 leaves), washed and chopped
- 4 TBSP of minced garlic
- (1) sweet onion, chopped
- (1) green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- Spray your slow cooker with the cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken drumsticks in slow cooker.
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil, garlic, onion,green pepper, salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients well so chicken drumsticks are coated.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- Serve Warm (over pasta is delicious!)
I am NOT a chicken on the bone kind of person. So when I say that this chicken falls off of the bone like BUTTER, I mean it. So moist and tender and full of flavor (can I just say how much I love fresh basil?), this chicken goes perfectly over a plate of pasta for a winning family dish. Another chicken drumstick crock pot meal added to our list of family recipes! You can definitely freeze and pull this dish out for a later date too.
And don’t forget to pin this Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks Italian Style Recipe.
If you love Crock Pot recipes as much as I do (especially for busy summers), here’s some of our favorites for the season:
- Easy Crockpot BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Sriracha Chicken
- Crockpot Whole Chicken with Citrus & Herbs
And you can also grab this 20 Summer Crockpot Chicken Recipes for more delicious slow cooker inspiration.