Ready for fall? Decorate your home with this easy and fun DIY Corn Banner Fall Kids Craft Ideas. May contain commissioned links.
DIY Corn Banner Fall Kids Craft
I am in love with our latest fall kids craft. Banners are BIG in the crafting world lately, but why do adults get to have all of the fun? So we made this adorable DIY Corn Banner Fall Kids Craft to help celebrate fall, Thanksgiving and some of the amazing colors of the season.
And besides, what kid can resist a chance to use some paint? So how did we make our frugal kids craft? Simple!
What You Will Need:
- Construction Paper (I used 2 sheets of yellow)
- Bubble Wrap (a few palm size pieces)
- Paint (red, orange, gold, brown, etc.)
- Green Crepe Paper, about 2 inches thick
1. Place a thin layer of paint on the “bubble side” of the bubble wrap. Stamp the bubble wrap in a quick down-and-up method on the construction paper. Use alternative pieces of bubble wrap in different colors until you achieve the desired “Indian corn” look. Allow to dry
2. When dry, cut out Long corn shape pieces out of the construction paper. I did about 3 per sheet.
3. Now we will make the corn husks. Fold Crepe Paper into a “V” shape. Twist the point. Glue the twist side to the thickest end of the corn. Repeat for each ear of corn. You could seriously stop here and just hang your corn. Pretty cool. But I took things a step further 🙂
4. Tie string around the husk portion of the corn and slip a small knot into the twist. Leave some space and link to the next corn, etc. for each ear.
5. Hang up and proudly display your corn banner to celebrate everything fall!
Make sure to pin this adorable Corn Banner Craft for your next fall crafting day with your kids!
Perfect for decorating for Thanksgiving dinner. We cannot wait to bring ours to Grandma’s house this year for the Thanksgiving feast.
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more kids craft ideas, reviews, giveaways and more.
Super cute! And what a really smart idea using the bubble
Wrap! Love it
What an adorable craft for Thanksgiving! I would have done this with my first graders when I was teaching school.
Ann Bacciaglia says
This is such a cute and easy craft to do with your kids. It looks so cute when its all done.
what a cute and simple craft. My kids would love to make this!
Billie Rowell says
We have so much bubble wrap laying around. The kids would have fun making this.
Masshole mommy says
That is such a cute idea. I think it came out really great.
Liz Mays says
This is so clever. I need all the alternative uses for my bubble wrap I can find!
Debbie Denny says
Thats cute. Fun craft and activity.
This is a really cute idea – and perfect for most any age. I bet my 3-year-old would have fun with it.
This is such a cute idea! I have some bubble wrap in our craft box!
Virginia @thatbaldchick says
This DIY Corn Banner is seriously one of the cutest fall crafts I’ve seen. I would have never thought to use bubble wrap!
that is so cool! I love this great craft idea
This is really cute. You always have the sweetest projects for kids!
That’s a fun idea. We like these kinds of crafts for Fall too!
You had me at bubble wrap! I love it – such a fun craft for the kids.
Ha! These are adorable! I’m loving how easy they are to make with the bubble wrap! Thanks for the idea.
Candy O. says
How cute! The bubble wrap is the perfect stamp for the corn. Very cool!
What a cute craft. I would have never thought to use bubble wrap to make something like that…genius!
How adorable! I know of some kids that would love to do this! It would also be nice to hang in the house during the holidays.
I’ve pinned this. It’s a great idea to get texture with the bubble wrap. I need to go look for some and try this patterning. It would look great for tons of different projects.