Set sail aboard Disney Cruise Line and the BEST of Star Wars Day at Sea with these family travel tips + video! This post is sponsored by Disney Cruise Line. All Force-induced opinions are my own.
The BEST of Disney Cruise Line Star Wars Day at Sea
The Force is strong with this cruise!
We got a fun sneak peek of the Disney Cruise Line’s Star Wars Day at Sea media preview. From lightsaber battles to delicious galactic eats, I’ve put together the BEST of your Star Wars Day at Sea offerings for your family. Grab my family travel tips, check out the video (and see why my little girl gave me ALL of the tears), and get ready to geek out on all of the exclusive Star Wars fun you can have aboard a Disney Cruise ship!
Fun Star Wars Day at Sea Meet and Greets
Say “Wookie!” Get your exclusive Star Wars character photos when you reserve your Star Wars Day at Sea Meet and Greets with characters like:
- C-3PO & R2-D2
- Darth Vader
Not able to grab a meet and greet reservation? Be on the lookout for First Order Stormtroopers roaming the decks, Jawas looking for a trade, Boba Fett and other Star Wars Rebels characters looking to mingle with Disney Cruise guests throughout the day! Also look for exclusive Star Wars Day at Sea Photo Ops throughout the ship. The Han Solo in Carbonite is one of my favorites!
Amazing Star Wars Day at Sea Entertainment
Tears, y’all. I had tears in my eyes as I watched my teeny little Jedi on the Disney Fantasy stage. Lights, smoke and a scary Darth Vader didn’t distract this little girl from battling the Dark Side during some of the most amazing entertainment. The Jedi Training Trials of the Temple show is completely worth the picture-perfect moment of your child! Check out why I had all of the tears in this video above. See what other exclusive Star Wars Day at Sea entertainment is in store for your family!
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple Stage Show – starring your child!
- Summon the Force Nighttime Stage Show – Impressive deck show with Rey and your favorite Star Wars characters
- Fireworks at Sea – Light up the sky with fireworks set to the iconic music from John Williams!
Galactic Approved Star Wars Day at Sea Activities
- Porgs Onboard! Scavenger Hunt – locate all of the porgs that have been unleashed throughout the ship in this family-friendly game. End your hunt with an exclusive meet and greet with Chewbacca!
- Special Guest Speaker Panel Discussions – with Star Wars filmmakers and experts!
- Star Wars Drawing Academy – learn to draw your favorite characters like Yoda, Darth Vader and more.
- Movie Marathon – See your 9 favorite films, including Star Wars: The Last Jedi aboard the ship.
- Costume Celebrations – Suit up as your favorite Star Wars characters.
- Family Trivia – Put your Star Wars knowledge to the test in this battle of wits.
- Star Wars 101 Interactive Session – Get your first look into the Star Wars universe.
Kids Only Star Wars Day at Sea Activities
Sorry, adults! You don’t get all of the fun! Kids will love their exclusive Star Wars activities in the Oceaneers Club. The Star Wars area is the perfect place to feel the Force!
- Play the Star Wars Resistance Base puzzle adventure game
- Be Recruited by BB-8 and interact with your favorite droid
- Get your STEM on and build littleBits R2-D2 droids
Delicious Star Wars Day at Sea Food
“Sea food,” get it? The Taste of Star Wars Menu offers a wide variety of delicious Star Wars inspired dishes for every Rebel in your clan, all inspired by your favorite Star Wars moments:
- Appetizers include: Marinated Opee Sea Killer (marinated shrimp on Iceberg lettuce with Gooberfish Caviar, Cucumber, Lemon and Cocktail Sauce), Sand People Salad (with marinated chicken, tomatoes, Tuskan marinated cracked wheat, Romaine lettuce, and red onions with a red wine vinegar dressing), and Mos Espa Grand Arena Tailgate Sandwich (my personal appetizer favorite – soft mini Brioche filled with cured Country Ham and an Orange Cranberry Marmalade)
- Entrees include: Grilled Alderaan Fish Filet (swordfish with seared Pineapple and Black Pepper Salsa, Roasted Chili Sweet Potatoes and preserved lemon), Grand Moff Tarkin’s Spiced Pork Tenderloin (with Chorizo Hash, Buttered Kale and Ancho-Chipotle Salsa), Kit Fisto’s Crisp Chicken (with crushed potatoes, butter green beans, biscuit and smoked bacon sauce – so good!), and Obi-Wan Shroom Steak (a highly praised vegetarian dish – Portobello mushroom Katsu on sticky rice with curry and green onions)
- Desserts include: Carissian Velvet Cake, Cloud City Macarons (my favorite!), and NSA – Galactic Senator Bail Organa Flan.
Not even your Wampa monster will go hungry. Not when the dessert is this epic.
Exclusive Star Wars Day at Sea Merchandise
Everyone loves a one-of-a-kind Star Wars souvenir! Remember your one-of-a-kind Star Wars experience with exclusive merchandise, available on your ship. Here are some of my favorite items:
- Custom Star Wars name tags (with your name in Aurebesh)
- Galactic Transformation packages for adults and kids – including hair/makeup, costume, nametag, lanyard, and more
- Prints, Tees, Cups, Hats and more!
Ready to book? Grab more info on this amazing Disney cruise offering HERE. There are a few openings left for 2018 through April 9, 2018. Plus, the 2019 dates were just announced! Star Wars Day at Sea 2019 will set sail on the Disney Fantasy seven-night Caribbean cruises from Port Canaveral, Florida on January 5, 12, 19, 26, February 2, 9, 16, 23 and March 2, 2019.
My Disney Cruise bucket list just got a little bit bigger. Here’s hoping that the Force is with us in 2019 aboard Disney Cruise Line.
Love Disney tips? Here are a few of the most popular ones at Raising Whasians:
What is your favorite part about Disney Cruise Line’s Star Wars Day at Sea? Have you ever experienced this event with your family?
I was invited aboard Disney Cruise Line as media for this event. All opinions are my own. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more family travel tips, delicious recipes, and kid crafts.
Star Wars are literally eveywhere even on a cruise. That is super cute now Star War fans can cruise with the characters and theme!!
Such great photos. Must have been a real great experience for your family!