Halloween Kids Craft: Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkin
Halloween is just around the corner and what craft item is back in my possession? The beloved Toilet Paper Roll! But this little tool of wonder may become your best friend in the latest kid craft addition I have for you! Only a few household items are needed to create a wonderful fall decoration, and this one cost me $0! This adorable pumpkin is fancy enough to adorn your family dinner table or give as a wonderful gift too but super simple to make. Check out how to make this Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkin!
What You Will Need:
- 4 Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
- Green and Orange Paint
1. Cut the first 3 toilet paper rolls into equal 3/4 inch circles (don’t worry if it’s not exact).
2. Paint the circles (inside and out) orange. May need a couple of coats to get desired pumpkin color. Allow to dry between coats.
3. Grab your 4th toilet paper roll. Paint tube green inside and out. Cut in half.
4. String your orange circles together on your string.
5. Pull around into tight circle, arranging the painted circles as desired for pumpkin shape. Tie string into a knot. Cut off excess string ties.
6. Use one half of your green tube to be your stem of the pumpkin. Glue on top. Take the 2nd green tube and cut a long curly edge along the seam of the toilet paper roll. This will be your “vines” for your pumpkin. Glue onto your pumpkin.
VOILA! A super cute Halloween decoration and fun project for the kids..all at NO cost 🙂 Need some more kid craft inspiration? Check out the crafts page of the blog or my Pinterest Page! I’ve got 10 Pumpkin Kids Crafts HERE too!