Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipe. Thanks to Viva Italia Days at Publix: Hunts Tomatoes, Progresso™ Brand Products, Kraft Parmesan Cheese, Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Breads, Betty Crocker™ Cookies for sponsoring today’s discussion
Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
Lent was super sneaky this year! I can’t believe that today is Ash Wednesday. Finding vegetarian based meals for our family to eat can be challenging, especially when we love having our daily protein! But this delicious and easy Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipe will have your taste buds satisfied, all with the comforts of Italian flavor.
I have a thing for stuffed veggies lately, especially zucchini. And with this winning combo of Italian colors and flavors, I knew that I had a family pleasing dish that’s perfect for meal time or even as a delicious appetizer!
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, leaving a little bit of flesh to create a boat shape
In small bowl, combine tomatoes, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, and garlic
Stuff zucchini with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs. Top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until zucchini is soft and cooked through. Serve warm.
Here’s the recipe, so you can print and make with your family!
Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 4 Fresh Zucchinis
- 1 can of Hunt's Fire Roasted Dice Tomatoes 14 oz.
- 1/4 Cup of Progresso Italian Breadcrumbs + 1 TSP more
- 1/4 Cup Kraft Parmesan Cheese
- 1 TSP Basil Crushed
- 1 TSP Fresh Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- For Garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, leaving a little bit of flesh on each into a boat shape.
- In small bowl, combine tomatoes, breadcrumbs, parmesan, basil and garlic.
- Scoop tomato mixture into the zucchini. Sprinkle top with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Garnish with fresh basil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until zucchini are soft and tender
- Serve warm
Can I just say how amazing this recipe was? No meat is NO problem this Lent season! Stuffed full of delicious Italian flavors, we definitely enjoyed every bite of this meal!
Looking for more?
Where did I grab all of my stuffed Zucchini essentials? Publix! One one stop shop for fresh produce, recipe ingredients and of course amazing savings, I’m so excited that oen of my most favorite Publix events is back, just in time for Lent. Right now, you can stock up on your favorite Italian ingredients with over $7 in savings from 2/19 through 3/4 at the Publix Viva Italia Event! AND, to make the deals even sweeter, visit ReadyPlanSave.com for coupons and recipes for family meal time inspiration!
- Save $1.00 when you buy Four Progresso products (excludes Progresso Pasta Bowl)
- Save $0.30 when you buy ONE Bread Crumbs, Beans, Broth, Vinegar, Seafood Sauce or Artichoke Hearts
- Save 40¢ Off of Two (2) Pillsbury Crescents, log into the Publix digital coupons to clip
- Save 50¢ Off Any Three (3) Hunt’s® Tomato Paste 6 oz. or 12 oz.
- Save 50¢ Off Any Three (3) Hunt’s® 8 oz. Sauce AND One (1) Mueller’s® 16 oz. Spaghetti
Coupons available while supplies last.
Publix Viva Italia Sale 2/19 – 3/4
- $2.00 off Publix Produce with the purchase of Any Four (4) participating products – Progresso beans, 100% Natural Broths, Hunt’s Tomatoes (any variety)
- $1.50 off Publix Chicken with the purchase of Any Three (3) participating products – Progresso Bread Crumbs, Hunt’s Tomatoes (14.5 oz., 28 oz.), Tomato Sauce (29 oz.)
- $1.00 off Any Four (4) Hunt’s Tomatoes (28 oz. or larger, including sauce and puree)
- $1.00 off Any Five (5) Hunt’s Tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
- $1.00 off Any Three (3) Pillsbury Refrigerated Breads
- $1.00 off Publix Bakery Bread with the purchase of Any One (1) Kraft Parmesan Cheese (8 oz.)
Looking for more ways to spice up your family meals? Check out these easy and delicious recipes from the brands you trust at General Mills!
Ready for a fun giveaway? 1 lucky fan will win $10 PayPal Cash so you can go out and grab your savings at the #PublixVivaItalia Days through 3/4! With in-store savings, coupons and a little recipe inspiration, you and your family will enjoy the Lent season filled with Italian flair! Open worldwide. Ends 3/4. Here’s how to enter:
1. Visit these sites for recipe inspiration:
2. Enter via the rafflecopter form below:
*GIVEAWAY NO LONGER ACCEPTING ANY ENTRIES.
With delicious Italian flavors, we didn’t even miss the meat! I love when we can incorporate more veggies in our diets. And with this Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipe, I know this Lent season will be full of great meals! Looking for another delicious zucchini dish? Try my Grilled Zuchini Nachos!
What are your favorite vegetarian dishes?
Disclosure ~ The information, products and Publix gift cards were provided by General Mills through Linqia. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more reviews, giveaways and more.