Valentine’s Day Kids Craft | Go Fish. This FUN craft post may contain affiliate links.
Valentine’s Day Kids Craft | Go Fish
Valentine’s Day kids crafts are a wonderful way to show your child how much they are loved! Want a great craft AND activity in one? My Valentine’s Day Kids Craft “Go Fish” is a perfect way to spend an afternoon. Filled with hearts, love and creativity, your kids with love to Go Fish again and again this season!
It’s amazing where my kids craft ideas get their inspiration. This one happened to come from an assortment of buttons I had received from My Obachan after she had passed. I knew they’d make perfect eyes for a Valentine’s Day friend. Love and my grandmother’s spirit with me, we embarked on our fishing adventure!
What You Will Need:
- Construction Paper – Red, White, Pink are great colors for the season!
- 2 Magnets (think leftover fridge magnets, parents!)
- A Stick
- Yarn, Twine, or String
1. Let’s make the fish first. You’re going to want a few different size hearts (Hey, it is a Valentine’s Day craft, right?) Start by folding your construction paper in half and cutting a big half heart shape out. Make a medium and small one as well, using different construction paper colors if desired. Feel free to let your kids decorate, color as they please too! Glitter, stickers, markers would make your craft time last longer and get out that extra creativity!
2. Glue the medium sized heart as the “tail” of the fish. Glue the small heart as the fin of the fish. Using buttons, glue on the eyes.
3. Turn your fish over. On the mouth portion, glue on one of your magnets. I used hot glue to make sure this stayed on. Fish is now complete!
4. Now let’s make the fishing pole. Choose the larger end as the handle. I wrapped the handle with twine and glued in place.
5. At the tip of the pole, glue your fishing line. At the other end of the line, glue on your 2nd magnet. I glued a pom-pom on top to seal.
6. Now have fun fishing! Placing the fish on the ground, let your child have fun fishing with their pole. The magnets will allow the fish to hook on, for hours of fun!
The best part about this craft is that it cost me literally $0 for an afternoon of fun with the kids. They loved hunting for their own fishing poles, decorating and now fishing for their friend!
Need another great Valentine’s Day craft idea? Check out our Valentine’s Day Puzzle Wreath, made with our leftover puzzle pieces!
What is love? Go Fish! 🙂
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more easy kids crafts, recipes and family adventures!
Fee Roberts says
That is just adorable!
Awwww such a cute idea!
Thanks so much!