Breakfast or snack? With this summer inspired Tropical Yogurt Bark – it’s both! Make this kid-approved healthy summer treat idea. This post is sponsored by Produce for Kids. All delicious opinions are my own.
Tropical Yogurt Bark | Healthy Summer Treat Idea
When the bark is just as tasty as the bite…
Hello, summer! Paradise is definitely calling my name this season. But in the midst of packing up our entire home, working and entertaining two children thanks to our big move – paradise seems far away these days. While I may not be able to go to paradise, that doesn’t mean I can’t bring a little of that paradise flavor home. Tastes like dessert and kid-approved too, this Tropical Yogurt Bark combines all of my favorite summer vibes into one tasty treat. And shhh, don’t tell the kids it’s healthy. Find out how this delicious recipe is donating meals to Feeding America with Produce for Kids and how you can make a difference this summer too!
Our Yogurt Bark is Donating to Feeding America This Summer
Summer is a time for relaxing, enjoying family time and cooling off with delicious treats. But for so many kids, it’s also a time when hunger strikes hard. Without free school lunches or other school sponsored programs, many families suffer through summer, a time when people need our help the most. But what if we could easily do something about that – just by us picking up fresh produce every week?
Produce for Kids is back this summer and partnering with Feeding America to feed local families. And you can help. By purchasing select produce at Publix between now and June 27th, you are instantly making a $1 donation to Feeding America. Our Tropical Yogurt Bark just donated 10 meals to families in need, just by purchasing fresh produce like we always do. Be on the lookout for these 11 produce brands that are Feeding America this summer at your local Publix:
- CMI Orchards Hero Snack Size Gala Apples
- Coast Tropical Mangos
- Del Monte® Fruit Naturals® Cups
- Driscoll’s® Raspberries & Blackberries
- Fresh Express® Packaged Salads
- Lakeside Produce Colored Bell Peppers & Long Hothouse Cucumbers
- Marie’s® Dressings
- SUNSET® Tomatoes on the Vine, Beefsteak and Campari® Tomatoes
- Mission Avocados
- RealSweet® Vidalia® Onions
- Wonderful® Pistachios & Almonds
Tropical Yogurt Bark | Easy Summer Breakfast & Snack Idea!
Looks like dessert, tastes like dessert – but still healthy? Yes, please and thank you! This Tropical Yogurt Bark is the perfect combo of our favorite summer flavors and a kid-approved treat that won’t leave you hanging with mom-guilt.
What You Will Need:
- 1 Quart of Greek Yogurt
- 1 Mango (like Coast Tropical Mangos), peeled and diced
- 1 Cup of Fresh Pineapple, core and skin removed, diced
- 2 Kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Cup of Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Coconut
- Lay wax paper on top of a 13×9 dish.
- Spread Greek yogurt evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- Top with diced mango, pineapple, kiwi, nuts and shredded coconut.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Break into pieces. Serve immediately for a cold and sweet summer treat – perfect for an easy breakfast or snack idea!
Learn more about the Produce for Kids Feeding America Campaign now through June 27, 2019 and find out how your family can give back this summer! We donated 10 meals to Feeding America with this delicious Tropical Yogurt Bark – and we can’t wait to donate more this summer. Follow Produce for Kids on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more delicious and healthy recipe ideas, produce tips, giveaways and more.
What are your favorite summer flavors? What fresh produce do you buy during the summer months?
Looking for more kid-approved recipes that are giving back this summer? Try these popular ones:
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for delicious recipe ideas, kids crafts, and family travel.