This post is part of the VISINE®-A® Eye Allergy Relief Eye Drops 2014 program by The Motherhood, who compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are all my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
I’m being attacked! And no, not by my kids (this time). Spring seasonal allergies are here. It’s the WORST time of year for me. So not only are my eyes overly strained from working at the computer all day, they are now battling with the onslaught of allergens. Did you know that an estimated 1 in 5 Americans suffer from seasonal allergies? Are you one?
Eye allergies occur when when airborne allergens and other particles land directly on the surface of the eye, causing irritation and redness; subsequently, the body reacts to the substance by flooding the eyes with tears and mucus. You’d think I’d be safe with my contacts to protect my eyes, right? WRONG! Red, itchy, burning, swelling, and don’t forget the feeling of broken glass…that one is always a winner. So not only do I look like a “hot mess,” but my eyes are screaming at me too.
But I can’t let allergies slow me down. I have 2 kids that need constant love, attention and corralling. So what can I do to fight crazy looking allergy eyeballs? Visine! This miracle bottle is perfect to kick my seasonal allergies out of my eyes, so I can focus on more important mommy duties.
How does Visine work? VISINE®-A® Eye Allergy Relief Eye Drops combine an antihistamine with a redness reliever to temporarily relieve eye itchiness and redness, helping eyes get back to normal. You can use up to four times a day to temporarily relieve itchy, red eyes due to pollen, ragweed, grass, animal hair and dander. This little bottle is clinically proven for effective allergy relief.
And what do I love about it? It’s portable! I can slip into my pocket and head outside for sidewalk chalk and bubbles with my kids. No allergies are going to stop me from an afternoon of kid fun!
Need some allergy tips? Here’s what you can do to protect your family from allergies, inside and out.
• Wash linens and clothes regularly
• Keep windows shut to keep out pollen and other outdoor allergens
• Vacuum and dust often to reduce indoor allergens, such as dust and pet dander
• Run the air conditioner or air filter to sift out allergens. Make sure to keep those air filters clean and replace them regularly
• Put allergy proof covers on pillows, mattresses and comforters to ward off dust mites
• Check the pollen count before going outside each day – pollen counts tend to be highest 5 – 10AM
• Shower after being outdoors to remove allergens that may have stuck to you. Use a sterile saline eye wash to flush allergens out of your eyes
• Do not hang laundry to dry outdoors because allergens can stick to the clothes
• Glasses and sunglasses act as a barrier or shield to minimize allergens from sticking to your eyes
• If you prefer to wear contact lenses, choose a daily disposable lens, which can minimize accumulation of allergens as well. Contact lens wearers can use VISINE®-A® Eye Allergy Relief, but need to remove contact lenses before use and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting contact lenses after using the drops
Who’s ready for a FUN Twitter Party? Well, save the date for this Thursday for your chance to win some amazing Visine Prize Packs!
- When: Thursday, May 8th, 2014 at 12 pm EST
- Where: Twitter. RSVP here: https://twtvite.com/visine
- Prizes: Visine Prize Packs including $25 American Express Gift Cards
- Hashtag: #EyesonVISINE
- Hosts: @theMotherhood, @theMotherhood25
I’m prepared for Allergy Season with VISINE®-A® Eye Allergy Relief Eye Drops! Bring it on allergies!
Are you prepared for allergy season?
Disclosure ~ All opinions are 100% my own. I was compensated in exchange for this post, but seriously I love kicking allergy’s butt! Be sure to follow Saving Said Simply via Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more fun family products, giveaways and more!