Wow the crowd with this Sweet and Spicy Apple Flatbread recipe. This easy appetizer made under 15 minutes is packed full of delicious and unexpected flavor! This post is sponsored by Envy™ apples. All yummy opinions are my own.
Sweet and Spicy Apple Flatbread Recipe
*Said in my most humble voice* Easily, this is the best recipe I’ve ever created.
I’m 100% serious.
This family recipe is my secret to getting all of the “invites.” It’s the most-asked-for appetizer at any family get-together, the must-have bite at any party. And recently, it got all of the compliments that time when I was the Publix free sample girl. (I’m still waiting for Rachael Ray to call any day now, but I digress.) But while this apple flatbread looks fancy, it’s beyond easy to make. Like under 5 minutes of prep time. You with me yet?
Just like any good family recipe, the secret is in the quality ingredients, the quick prep (for reals!), and the right apples. You’re only four ingredients and a few minutes away from my most requested appetizer ever. Come grab a slice (or 7) of this Sweet & Spicy Apple Flatbread. This recipe will have you walking in a WINNER to your next party. And I can’t wait for you to have a bite (or 20).
You Need the Right Apples
My name is Christie, and I’m an apple SNOB. I’m really picky when it comes to buying apples at the store. It can’t be mushy, tasteless, or too tart. I need sweet, crisp, and juicy. And let’s face it, the right apples can really make or break this recipe. With my favorite season here (hello, fall!), it’s the perfect time to bust out the best apples for this dish. Why do I love Envy™ apples for my favorite sweet and spicy apple flatbread? Let me count the ways:
- Cross between Braeburn and Royal Gala for incredible sweetness, crunch and texture
- Naturally high in citric acid, preventing the ‘browning’ enzyme from activating
- Non-GMO, grown in the U.S. and New Zealand
- Available at your favorite grocery store like Publix, Whole Foods, Walmart, Wegmans and more
Sweet and Spicy Apple Flatbread Recipe
So why is this flatbread recipe my most requested dish? I think it’s the surprising combo of flavors. The sweet and crisp apples mixed with the spicy pepper jack cheese, and the crunch of pralines, all served warm. It’s the unexpected combo that looks amazing and tastes even better. And even the most critical taste buds can’t resist a slice. Seriously. Vegetarian friendly too. But the secret is how easy it is to make. 4 ingredients and only a few minutes, you’re one step away from being the party hero!
Sweet and Spicy Apple Flatbread
- 2 Flatbread Pizza Crusts (I use the premade pizza crusts found in the Publix bakery area)
- 8 slices Pepper Jack Cheese, cut into thin strips (or 8 oz. block of pepper jack cheese, cut into strips)
- 1 Sweet, Non-Browning Apple, like Envy apples, cut into paper thin slices
- 20 Pralines (candy coated pecans), crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place flatbreads onto a single layer baking sheet.
- Cover flatbread with pepper jack cheese. Top with apple slices and sprinkle with crushed pralines.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until cheesy is bubbly and melted, and apples are cooked through. Cut into slices. Serve warm.
Trust me. Once the word gets out, you’ll be bringing this dish to all of the parties. But only you and I will know the secret, right? Step up your party food with this Easy Sweet and Spicy Apple Flatbread, a perfect bite for the season. It’s my most requested appetizer that will easily become yours too. And don’t forget to pick up Envy™ apples this fall for all of your cooking, baking and snacking needs.
When would you serve this Sweet and Spicy Apple Flatbread? What do you think of the flavor combo?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more easy family recipes, kid crafts, travel tips and FUN!
Naomi Winkel says
I will need to make this for our church lunch we have every Sunday. This looks so yummy.
Tony Platz says
I will make this soon it sounds so good.
Diana @ Nanny to Mommy says
This recipe looks bomb dot com! Do people say that anymore? LOL
John Smith says
I can see why this flatbread would be popular! It looks incredible!