Need a Valentine’s Day inspired sweet treat that won’t bust your New Year goals? Grab these Skinny Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries to #PowerYourLunchbox and make a difference in 2017! This post is sponsored by Produce for Kids. All delicious opinions are my own.
Skinny Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries
Got a chocolate craving? Me too! A New Year means that I’m back on my workout/eating better schedule. The struggle is real…as in really hard. How can we satisfy our sweet cravings AND stay on track? Say hello to these Skinny Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries! All of the chocolate, no mom-guilt, and a “secret” ingredient make this delicious Valentine’s Day inspired dessert recipe a must-have. Kid-approved! Ready to make these sweets AND make a difference for Feeding America this winter? Let’s do this!
Pledge to Power Your Lunchbox and Donate $1 to Feeding America
It’s BACK! Back by popular demand, the Produce for Kids Power Your Lunchbox Pledge is now happening twice a year, starting right now. Make the pledge this New Year to Power Your Lunchbox with delicious fresh produce and you can donate $1 to Feeding America. Here’s how:
- Head over to PowerYourLunchbox.com now through February 15, 2017.
- Take the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge to pack a healthier lunch.
- For every pledge, the PYLP Partners (Avocados from Mexico – Mexican Hass Avocados, Bee Sweet Citrus, Crispy Fruit Freeze-Dried Fruit Snacks from Crispy Green ® , Eat Smart® Fresh Cut Vegetables, Earthbound Farm® Baby Kale, Marie’s® Dressings, Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice, Pero Family Farms ® Mini Sweet Peppers and Snipped Green Beans, and Wish Farms Strawberries with additional support provided by Bentology™.) will donate $1 to your local Feeding America’s children’s programs such as Kids Café, Backpack program and Child Hunger Corps. (BONUS, you’ll get some great coupons too!)
- Show off your delicious lunchbox ideas with hashtag #PowerYourLunchbox to be featured on Produce for Kids social media pages!
- Feel empowered that you are creating healthier choices for your family AND for kids throughout America!
In 2016, the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge campaign received 21,674 pledges, which resulted in 238,414 donated meals for families in need. Can we do more in 2017? Stay tuned for the second Power Your Lunchbox Pledge starting August 7th too. I took the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge for my family. How about YOU?
Skinny Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries Recipe
I’m seeing red this Valentine’s Day with this skinny twist on a delicious dessert that will have your kids asking for more! Go ahead and stuff these strawberries with all of the chocolate, none of the guilt! Check out how to make these Skinny Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries with a kid-approved “secret” ingredients:
Skinny Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries Recipe
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado such as Avocados from Mexico
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 3 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1-2 TBSP Honey
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- Pint of Fresh Strawberries such as Wish Farms
- OPTIONAL: Graham Crackers
- Blend together avocado, banana, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Remove tops and hollow out the middles of your fresh strawberries. You may want to cut the tip of the bottoms so the strawberries can "stand up" on their own.
- Stuff your strawberries with the chocolate mixture. Top with graham cracker crumbs if desired.
- Enjoy! Refrigerate any leftovers for a sweet treat without the guilt!
- OPTIONAL: Place stuffed strawberries in freezer for a frozen dessert! YUM!
These Skinny Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries make the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for my kids’ lunchboxes. But, shhh! Don’t tell the kids what’s inside.
Packed with delicious fresh produce and a hint of chocolate sweetness, there’s no mom-guilt in giving my kids this chocolate-y strawberry dessert! Want to add a fun twist? Place these Skinny Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries in the freezer for a frozen dessert that’s out-of-this-world!
Ready to Power Your Lunchbox this winter? Be sure to grab these popular recipes too!
Pledge to make 2017 a great year for you and your family! Power Your Lunchbox with delicious fresh produce this winter and help end hunger in America! Head over to ProduceforKids.com/Publix for more delicious healthy recipes for your family and learn more about how your produce purchase makes a difference! Looking for more healthy lunchbox tips? Be sure to join the #PowerYourLunchbox Twitter Party on January 18, 2017 at 1 pm EST. And follow Produce for Kids via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram too.
Enjoy the sweetness of these Skinny Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries (just in time for Valentine’s Day)! Don’t forget to save and share.