Create this “BESTS” Memory Jar with your kids this New Years and start off your New Year Holiday with a bang! May contain commissioned links
“BESTS” New Year Memory Jar for Kids
Happy New Year! As we wind down the end of the year and look ahead to the new, I cannot help but pause and reflect on what am amazing 365 days I’ve had with my kids. They are where my love, my life, my inspiration lie. As diligent as I am about documenting those silly faces, those hilarious moments, and the smiles that last a lifetime, I know that I have missed some of those important memories….perhaps gone forever. That’s where this idea for the “BESTS” New Year Memory Jar for Kids came to be.
A place where a whole year of family memories can collect, your family will love seeing where the year ahead has taken you. So grab the kids and make this easy New Years craft with your family. Your family memories await!
The concept is simple. Taking the “BESTS” of each day, your kids will love writing down their one best moment of the day, the week, the month and storing in this jar for a whole year. This is a great way to ensure that your child ends their day on a happy note before bedtime! Collect each memory in your jar. Then at the end of the year, empty the contents and read them all together! What a fun way to remember some of your “bests” throughout the new year! Then save your jar or erase and reuse for the year ahead!
What You Will Need:
- Empty Jar (I used a simple mason jar)
- Chalkboard Tag
- Colored Index Cards
- Label your chalkboard tag for your memory jar. I used some alphabet stickers I had lying around (that Target One Spot kills me!). Then using chalk, I wrote in 2016 – just in case I want to reuse the jar next year. Hoping this becomes a yearly tradition!
- Tie the tag around your jar.
- Keep a stack of crayons, pencils, index cards around the jar for easy access for your kids. (You could even keep the cards on a binder ring around the jar!)
- Have your kids fill out a card as the FUN family memories pour in! (Make sure there’s a date in there too!)
- At the end of the year, gather the family together as you read some of your family “BESTS” of the year. Enjoy the smiles, the laughs and the memories!
As 2015 comes to a close, I am so thankful for the memories I’ve had with my family. It’s these special moments that drive my passion, my love and my creativity for Raising Whasians. I know that I couldn’t have made 2015 an amazing year without them! Enjoy the moments and this easy New Years craft with your kids this season! I cannot wait to hear how your 2016 was!
Will you be creating a memory jar with your family this year?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more crafty inspiration, easy recipes, and our family moments.
Donna B says
I love this idea, I think I will do this with the grandkids, never too late to start!
Dana Matthews says
Adorable idea…I think it’s important to recall memories with our children just as it is important to make memories with them. Time flies…enjoy the moment!
lana simannovicki says
this is a good idea
Jennifer H. says
This is such a great idea!
Carol ONeil says
I Love this idea!