Florida Prepaid & Coronavirus | What You Need to Know During This COVID-19 Pandemic. This post is sponsored by Florida Prepaid College Board. All opinions are my own.
Florida Prepaid & Coronavirus | What You Need to Know
If you asked me if I ever wanted to homeschool my kids, I would have laughed at you. As much as I love my children, I knew that I was never destined to educate my kids at home full time. I just wasn’t “built” for that kind of commitment. Insert one pandemic, and I went from a full time working mom to a full time virtual school teacher overnight.
And the changes kept coming.
Currently, my house is a mess. I have two stir crazy kids. And between my mental breakdowns and sleepless nights, I’m grasping at any sense of hope for the future. Hope. I think that we can all agree that we are all searching for hope that one day coronavirus will be a distant memory. We all need safety, security, and the assurance that we are all going to be OK soon, really soon.
With so much uncertainty in the world right now, worrying about the future is normal. And like many families I’m wondering how the future of my kids will be affected, especially now that I am fully responsible for their education. As we are watching the stock markets crash and our financial investments roller coaster around, I worry about my children’s college future. What do we need to know about Florida Prepaid & Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Is saving for college even a priority right now?
New for 2023. Use 2023 Florida Prepaid Savings Code RAIS23 to save $50 off the 2023 application fee at checkout now through February 28, 2023.
Why Save for College During Uncertain Times
Because the economy is always changing. Stock markets will continue to fluctuate. Our 401(k)’s will continue to give us mini heart attacks. But this is normal. Expected even.
Prepaid Plans like Florida Prepaid allow for stability, even in crises like this. When you invest in your child’s prepaid college plan, you get peace in mind knowing that you are saving money on their college future and that you cannot lose the money you invested in your child’s college education. There are no surprise increases ever. You only pay your fixed monthly payment that you set up when you signed up for the Plan. And even if college tuition rates are higher than originally projected when you purchased your plan, it’s 100% covered.
For Current Customers | Florida Prepaid Payment Deferral
Florida Prepaid is committed to their mission of making college savings attainable for Florida families while providing flexibility to families as we navigate new challenges related to COVID-19. And that means providing financial relief, flexibility and hope for the future. To help families even more during this challenging season, Florida Prepaid is offering payment deferral for current and new customers. Here’s how it works:
- All Florida Prepaid College Plan payments for the months of April, May and June 2020 are deferred (aka no payment is due) through July 20, 2020.
- The next Florida Prepaid payment due date is now July 20, 2020.
- If you opt to defer payment for the 3 months, this will add 3 months to the end of your payment schedule.
- No action is required if you are currently making automatic payments (via ACH) through your online account.
- Action is required if you are currently making payments via check, online banking or payroll deduction. If you wish to pause payments, contact your payment provider at this time.
- If you’d like to opt to NOT defer payments at this time (aka continue to pay on schedule), you can still make payments by logging into your online account 24/7 and setting up a one-time payment, by sending a check or money order, or by making a payment through your online banking provider.
For New Customers | Florida Prepaid Savings
In moments like these, every bit of savings helps. Florida Prepaid understands that families are looking for safety and security for the future during this time. I know that I am. Knowing that our Florida Prepaid College Plans are protected during COVID-19, it’s such a relief. Here’s how Florida Prepaid is helping new customers during coronavirus:
- Your Florida Prepaid College Plan allows families to save for college for LESS than the price of college tuition in Florida.
- Your Florida Prepaid College Plan locks in a fixed monthly payment that will never INCREASE over the life of the plan, no matter how the economy fluctuates.
- Florida Prepaid College Plans are guaranteed by the state of Florida. That means you will never lose the money you have invested in your plan, no matter what the economic crisis.
- Through May 31, 2020 the Florida Prepaid is waiving the application fee (that’s $50 off!) when you use new 2021 Florida Prepaid Promo Code RAIS2021 – save $50 now through April 30, 2021 at checkout. With the lowest plan rates in 5 years (starting at only $44/month) plus 100% waived application fee, if you are able to invest in your child’s college education future, now is the time to do so. This $50 Florida Prepaid promotion code ends on May 31, 2020, when the 2020 Open Enrollment period ends.
- New customers will not have to make their first payment until July 20, 2020, allowing more time for your family to plan for the future.
For Everyone | Hope
Navigating through this unprecedented time of our lives is scary and unpredictable. But getting through this season, I cling to hope. Florida Prepaid Plans give hope to families – because they provide stability in the midst of uncertainty. Florida Prepaid Plans were created for seasons like this – where the economic climate can change quickly and financial relief is needed.
The money invested in your child’s Florida Prepaid College Plan is safe, secure and protected. That means my children’s college education dreams are safe, secure and protected. There’s hope. And I love knowing that Florida Prepaid is doing everything they can to give us hope for the future. Learn more about Florida Prepaid & coronavirus, access your account 24/7 and sign up for a new Florida Prepaid College Plan at MyFloridaPrepaid.com. Follow Florida Prepaid via Facebook.com/FloridaPrepaid, Twitter at @FloridaPrepaid and Instagram at @myfloridaprepaid for the latest updates.
What questions can I answer about Florida Prepaid & Coronavirus?
Got Florida Prepaid questions? We have answers! Check out these popular posts for more FAQ:
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more of our family moments, dreams and goals.
Leave a Reply