Make adorable keepsake Easter Eggs with these Carrot Fingerprint Easter Eggs for kids. May contain commission links
Carrot Fingerprint Easter Eggs for Kids
Easter is less than 7 days? How did that happen?! As I mildly freak out (aka go into Easter overload), I have finally begun prepping for Easter eggs. So as I was thinking about ways to decorate our Easter eggs this season, I immediately thought of Fingerprints…because it’s my kids and their little prints are priceless!
So make these keepsake DIY Carrot Fingerprint Easter Eggs for Kids this season, for the extra awe factor for the Easter season!
Carrot Fingerprint Easter Eggs
What You Will Need:
- Eggs, Hard Boiled
- Orange Fingerpaint
- Green Twine/String/Raffia/Tissue Paper
- OPTIONAL: Ribbon/Twine for bows
- Dip your child’s thumb into the orange paint. Make a thumbprint at the top of one of the eggs (I did the pointy side down).
- Dip your child’s pointer finger in the orange paint. Make a fingerprint right underneath the thumbprint.
- Dip your child’s pinky finger in the orange paint. Make a teeny pinky print underneath the fingerprint. (How adorable by the way is your child’s smallest digit? I was cooing over my daughter’s teeny pinky!)
- Allow all prints to fully dry.
- Take out your raffia and cut into small strips, about 1 inch or less. Twist the ends together.
- OPTIONAL, tie a sweet little bow on the ends of the raffia. It’s a little more tedious work, but promise it looks super adorable. I mean kids’ fingerprints and bows, they just go together!
- Now place a dot of glue on the top of the thumbprint of your carrot. Glue down the raffia into place. Allow to dry.
- Display your child’s work! Just in time for Easter 🙂
I’m definitely trying these with wooden eggs next! What a sweet little keepsake idea for many, many Easter holidays! I love the idea of doing one every year, and seeing how big your child’s fingerprints grow every year too!
How are you coloring eggs with your kids this Easter?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for easy kids crafts, family recipes, party inspiration, and more!