Say hello to summer mornings with this Easy Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Casserole, complete with a homemade sweet orange glaze.
Easy Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Casserole with Sweet Orange Glaze
I’ve got the summer bug. And the only cure is more cinnamon rolls, please! I’m saying hello to summer mornings with this Easy Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Casserole with Sweet Orange Glaze, paired perfectly with my favorite summer iced coffee. Find out how easy it is to make this delicious twist on the cinnamon roll (a perfect breakfast idea for lazy summer mornings or even dessert!) and how I pair it with big savings on Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee.
Cinnamon Roll Casserole, Meet Cinnamon Roll Coffee
Spinach is to Popeye as Christie is to coffee. It’s my jam, my fuel, my sanity amidst the chaos. Basically, it’s an essential part of my day. And what coffee is on repeat this summer? It’s Dunkin’ Donuts Cinnamon Roll Coffee. This cup of coffee Rocks. My. World. So. Hard. Perfect hint of sweet cinnamon goodness poured over ice – sweet sips of summer success.
I recently found Dunkin’ Donuts Cinnamon Roll Coffee down the coffee aisle of my local Publix. With this $1 off 1 Dunkin’ Donuts coffee product coupon (expires 7/19), I’m saving big on my favorite summer pairing. How could you go wrong with coffee savings? More savings equals more cinnamon roll casserole!
Easy Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Casserole with Sweet Orange Glaze Recipe
Summer and citrus – I couldn’t think of a more perfect Florida inspired breakfast. The lazy days of summer have definitely caught up with us. I may or may not have hit the snooze button a few extra times this morning; I’ll never tell. And with busy schedules still on our agenda this season, I’m scrambling to get breakfast together – along with the 50 other tasks on my morning plate. Multi-tasking is my best friend, which is why I turn to my slow cooker to help me out before we head out the door for swim class, zoo camp, VBS…Ok, I think I may have overdone it this summer. But one thing that isn’t overdone? This Easy Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Casserole with Sweet Orange Glaze. Hello, amazing breakfast! Grab your easy recipe, the perfect solution for busy summer mornings (and BONUS: a sweet dessert too):
- 2 (12 oz.) packages of Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls
- ½ Cup Pecans, chopped
- 3 Eggs
- ½ Cup Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- ½ TSP Nutmeg
- 1⅓ TBSP Fresh Orange Zest, divided
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar, sifted
- ½ TBSP Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- Cooking Spray
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters. Place in even layers at bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs, creamer, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1 TSP of orange zest.
- Pour slowly over cinnamon rolls.
- Cook on low for 2½ - 3 hours - or until edges are brown and cinnamon rolls are cooked through (no gooey center).
- In small bowl, whisk remaining orange zest, powdered sugar and orange juice until glaze forms. Slowly pour over cinnamon roll casserole.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers in tightly sealed container.
Yeah, I could basically eat these cinnamon rolls all summer long. Who’s joining me?
Florida summers definitely call for cinnamon rolls and iced coffee on repeat – with my favorite summer flavor, Dunkin’ Donuts Cinnamon Roll Coffee! Be sure to grab your Dunkin’ Donuts coffee coupon, and pick up your favorite flavors of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee in Ground and K-Cup varieties, now available at your local Publix.