Easy New Years Kids Craft Noisemaker
Easy New Years Shaker Craft Idea
This easy New Years Kids Craft idea makes a fun musical instrument, noisemaker and fun kids activity in one! Use one side for the past year, and turn over to celebrate the new year with a joyful noise! Ready to make one at home with just a few crafting supplies. Here’s how:
What you will need:
- 2 cups of the same size
- Streamers (I used some leftovers from a birthday party)
- Rice, Beans or Dry Pasta
- Foam Numbers in the years you are transitioning to the New Year (or be creative with glitter glue, markers, etc.)
1. Place the year you are in right now on one upright cup (i.e. 2013) in stickers, glue, markers, etc.
2. Place the new year on the other upright cup (i.e. 2014)
3. One one cup, attach streamers with tape to the inside of the cup
4. Pour dry rice, beans, or pasta inside one cup.
5. Invert cup #2 on top of cup #1 and tape together so the shaker ingredients don’t fall out
Ta-Da! A FUN way to ring in the new year, with your new New Years Shaker! This was a great learning opportunity for my son as we went over the years and how they change from 2013 to 2014 at midnight. BONUS: there was a ton of noise made in our house!
Be sure to pin, share and try this New Years Craft Idea for kids out! 🙂