I’m so excited to share with you the first post of my daughter’s 3rd birthday party with this DIY Disney Frozen Fever Party Sunflower Banner! May contain commissioned links
DIY Disney Frozen Fever Party Banner
I’m so excited today to begin the sharing process for my daughter’s 3rd birthday party. Have you guessed the theme already? Frozen Fever!
This girl is enthralled with everything Disney Princess…but this momma thought many of the themed parties have been done and overdone (you know what I mean). So in efforts to do something a little different and still exciting for my beautiful princess, we embarked on a DIY Disney Frozen Fever inspired Birthday party!
So let’s talk about the perfect DIY Frozen Fever Banner for your next party. Not wanting to spend a ton of money on Disney merchandise, this frugal and yet still beautiful accent to your child’s day will definitely have everyone thinking cheery and flowery thoughts! And the total cost was UNDER $3! 🙂
What You Will Need
- White Paper Doilies – I used the 8 inch size
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Paper Towels
- Pair of Throw Away Latex (or hypoallergenic) Gloves
- Black Construction Paper
- Jute or Twine
- Optional: White Paint
- First we are going to need to dip dye the paper doilies. Now let me save you some trouble after much Google searching this subject online. It’s A LOT more complicated than the online instructions make it out to be.
- Grab the number of paper doilies you want to use for your banner (think your child’s name in letters, or happy birthday, etc.). Lay out beside a bunch of ready to go paper towels on a plate.
- Grab a shallow dish of water (just enough water to cover the doilies when submerged). Add food coloring – a BUNCH. I used about 20-25 drops to get the deep yellow color I desired. You may want to use more or less. Stir. Put on your gloves.
- Submerge your doilies (doing only a few at a time) for a full 3-4 minutes. Check the color. If done, place on a plate lined with paper towels and blot dry to keep it’s shape. Be careful to not tear the paper as it will be fragile. Allow to dry fully laying flat.
5. When dry, get out your circle stencil set (or in my case the bottom of a measuring cup) that fits inside the center of your doily without covering up the pretty edges. Trace and cut out the paper. Glue to the center of the doily.
Now I left the middles blank, but feel free to personalize your birthday banner with white paint to spell out a special birthday message 🙂
Carefully thread the sunflowers with the jute. Hang up to display for your spring party…or in my case a Frozen Fever party!
Looking for more Frozen Fever party ideas? This Frozen Fever Inspired Chex Mix is definitely popular! And be sure to check out my other DIY Disney Parties!
We loved the delicate addition of this pretty Frozen Fever inspired Birthday Banner, all for under $3! These sunflowers definitely made the party feel cheery and all on a budget!
Stay tuned as this is just the beginning of my Frozen Fever party reveal! Cannot wait to share the rest of the party….coming soon!
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for family-inspired crafts, delicious recipes, travel and more!