Looking for an easy slow cooker breakfast idea? Make this Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Hot Cereal Recipe for your family!
Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Hot Cereal Recipe
There’s nothing like the smell of sweet apples and cinnamon in the morning! Am I right?
Here’s an easy breakfast recipe for you guys! This is my Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Hot Cereal Recipe. A great alternative to instant oatmeal, this easy breakfast idea for the whole family is gluten-free and naturally sweetened. My kids LOVED gobbling this one up! Cook in the morning or let the sweet apple cinnamon smell permeate and cook overnight, this is sure to be a hit with everyone. And of course, this breakfast idea is really easy to make with only a few ingredients too.
Who’s hungry for breakfast? Here’s how to make this yummy morning meal for your family:
- 1 cup of 8 Grain Wheat-less Hot Cereal (other other type of dry grain cereal). I used Bob’s Red Mill 8 Grain Hot Cereal. See my full review of Bob’s Red Mill Hot Cereal too.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of apple juice – naturally sweetened
- 1/2 cup of natural applesauce (no extra sugar)
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cereal is soft. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
***Want to cook this easy breakfast idea overnight? Substitute with 2 cups water and 2 1/2 cups apple juice. Cook on low 7-8 hours and wake up to a sweet smelling breakfast in the morning!
Looking for more easy breakfast ideas? Check out these popular posts:
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more delicious recipes, kid crafts, parent movie reviews and travel tips.
Did you enjoy this dish? Let me know in the comments below! Need more simple family recipe ideas? Check out my recipe tab for more inspiration!