Ready to visit the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival? Here are the 5 Best Epcot Food & Wine Festival Eats along with the 2022 best tips to make the most of your visit. This post is sponsored by Walt Disney World. All magical opinions are my own. May contain commissioned links.
5 Best Epcot Food & Wine Festival Eats | 2022 Tips
Over 100 beverages, 80 food dishes, 30 Global Marketplaces, and just 1 place to taste them all. The 2022 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival has arrived at Walt Disney World. And for over 19 glorious weeks (now through Saturday November 19, 2022, that is), you have the opportunity to sniff, sip, sink your teeth into some of the tastiest food and drink offerings in the world (and around the world).
For “research and professional work purposes only,” I had the delicious opportunity to check out what’s new, what’s trendy and what MUST-HAVE snacks should be on your NEED to have list for this year’s most anticipated food and wine festival at Disney.
So grab your Chef Remy Spork and come check out the 5 Best Epcot Food & Wine Festival Eats for 2022 – and why these top ‘bang for your buck’ dishes are the MUST-HAVE bites for your next eat around the world visit. Be warned. Drooling on your computer or phone is not advisable.
The Fry Flight at The Fry Basket
Wine flight? Beer Flight. FRY FLIGHT! Move over beverage flights. This year’s newest, trendiest and tastiest trio of fries is not only picture worthy (definitely do it for the Instagram!), but is the best overall satisfying dish for everybody’s taste buds in your group.
Sweet or salty? Meat or vegan? Your whole foodie entourage will love partaking in this easy to snack, easy to share dish from the all-new The Fry Basket Global Marketplace over near Test Track.
- Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar Fries (Vegan friendly)
- Barbequed Bacon Fries with Smoked Aioli
- Sweet Potato Casserole Fries with Candied Pecans, Toasted Marshmallow Cream and Caramel Whisky.
And with a price point of only $7.50, you can’t beat this Best Epcot Food & Wine Festival Eats pick!
The Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese at The Alps
It’s like a charcuterie board – served with a warm hug. The Alps booth next to Germany has 3 new dishes with the most satisfying warm raclette Swiss cheese pull I’ve ever seen (Check out the video here). And as a fun BONUS, you can watch the bubbling Swiss cheese be scraped into your dish hot from the giant, fresh Swiss cheese wheel.
I could literally watch them scrape the cheese ALL day. Choose from meaty, vegetarian friendly or sweet for a unique twist on your average cheese plate:
- with Alpine Ham, Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette
- with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette
- with Riesling-poached Pears, Red Wine-braised Figs, Candied Pecans, Honey and Cranberry Toast
I sampled the one with pears – and at $5.50 for a variety of 6 different food items, this cheese board alternative has become one of my absolute favorites.
The Guava Mousse on a Sugar Cookie at Shimmering Sips
Need a dessert that’s lighter on the tummy after a food trip around the world? I got you, boo! Shimmering Sips (home to the Mimosa Flight) up near the Port of Entry is also home to this year’s best bright, light and beautiful dessert of 2022.
The Guava Mouse on a Sugar Cookie is the perfect sweet note for this year’s Food & Wine Festival. Topped with Coconut-Lime Whipped Cream and toasted coconut, this treat is as pretty as it is to eat!
At only $4.75, snap a pic and grab a bite in between Mimosa sips for a deliciously sweet pairing as one of the Best Epcot Food & Wine Festival Eats of 2022!
Dandan Noodles at China
It’s time to kick up the spice to this best eats list! And while The Noodle Exchange would have been my go-to Global Marketplace for something spicy, this year I’ll have to wait until August to get my Spicy Vietnamese Beef Pho.
So as a surprising addition to my best eats list, the all-new Dandan Noodles at China has joined as the dish that packs a huge PUNCH of flavor in a bite. Spicy pork with Sichuan Sauce, Peanut Butter, Sesame and Green Onion sit on top of a heaping portion of Dandan noodles for one heck of a hearty and spicy dish!
Trust me when I say that spicy food lovers will definitely NEED to have this dish, at only $8.25.
Gnocchi di Patate at Italy
Holy Italy Global Marketplace makeover, Batman!
While I normally skip Italy as a Global Marketplace, I was intrigued to see that the whole food menu got an overhaul for 2022. And one word sold me – gnocchi. An Italian dish that I always love to eat and will NEVER EVER make for myself, these classic potato dumplings were calling my name. Choose from:
- Gnocchi di Patate with Four Cheese Sauce and Roasted Cremini Mushrooms.
- Gnocchi di Patate with Vodka Sauce, Romano Cheese and Crispy Bacon.
I mean it was an easy choice for me, bacon. The heftiest price tag of the day at $9 for the dish, this makes the Best Epcot Food and Wine Festival Eats list on sheer fullness – you truly get a hearty and satisfying meal for small plate.
2022 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Best Tips
Ready to plan your trip to the 2022 Epcot International Food and Wine festival? Be sure to keep these best tips handy for exploring, tasting and visiting with your family:
- 4 of the 33 food booths are opening in August 2022 to celebrate Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary – Hawai’i, The Noodle Exchange, Coastal Eats, Mac & Eats.
- The 2022 Food & Wine Festival Passport book is available, but sadly does NOT have stickers again this year. My kids sorely miss that part.
- The newest and least expensive festival souvenir this year is the Chef Remy Spork. For only $2.50 at select festival food booths (look for the sign), this fun little addition is a great reusable souvenir that kids and adults will love.
- The 2022 Remy’s “Ratatouille” Hide & Squeak Scavenger Hunt has a new prize this year, 4 plastic cups including Chef Mickey, Tiana, Chef Figment and Chef Remy, included in the $9.99 price.
- All-new for 2022, Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit Scavenger Hunt is a fall/Halloween themed pumpkin hunt available during the 2022 Food & Wine Festival.
- The Green Landing Family Play Zone is back for 2022! The Wall-e themed outdoor playground over between Test Track and MouseGear is open again. Perfect place for little ones to burn off some steam.
- 2022 Emile’s Fromage Montage is back with a new prize. Eat the 5 specific cheesy dishes on the list, collect stamps and redeem for a free prize. The 2022 prize is a FREE Strawberry Cheesecake Soft Serve inside of a collector cup, the same prize as 2021!
- The 2022 mini Festival gift cards are great for those social distancing with contactless Disney payment. Makes a great wearable souvenir and helps you stay on budget when eating around the world!
- New 2022 Food & Wine merchandise can be found at MouseGear (no lines with contactless checkout!), Port of Entry and Festival Markets throughout the park (since the Festival Center is closed this year) with 4 new collections: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Collection, Chef Mickey Mouse & Chef Minnie Mouse, Princess Tiana and Chef Figment.
- 2022 Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat Concert Series is back with nightly at 5:30 pm, 6:45 pm and 8:00 pm at the American Gardens Theatre, with live music from your favorite bands and local Orlando talent. Be sure to check the schedule for this year’s concert line up.