Top 7 Things My Family Loves About Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando. Post sponsored by Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. All opinions are my own.
Top 7 Things My Family Loves About Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando
If you’re from the Orlando area (like me), you know that there’s no shortage of hotels in the area. But having a hotel that treats your family like “family”…that certainly can be hard to come by these days.
I found a piece of home away from home on our family’s recent staycation at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, right here in my hometown. After staying here with my 2 energetic kids in tow, I definitely have my top 7 reasons every family should visit this family-friendly resort!
1. One Amazing Theme Park Worthy Pool Area
If you’re looking for an amazing pool with tons of amenities, you’ve come to the right place.
This free flowing lagoon shaped pool houses 12 waterfalls, one heated and two non heated pools, two whirlpools, one new water slide tower for those 44 inches+. Tucked inside a maze of massive caves, kids will enjoy exploring each nook and cranny.
You should have seen my boy’s face when we first stepped into the area. He thought we were at a theme park!
And if you thought that was enough by itself, check out what else is at your Grand Cypress Pool Pavilion Area:
- Children’s Rock Climbing Stations – for the adventurous souls 🙂
- Water Jet Splash Zone – My baby’s favorite play place! Colored lights and changing fountain levels will keep the little ones entertained in this interactive zone.
- Rope Bridge – Just beautiful on it’s own, my kids really enjoyed walking across
a few timesA LOT and getting a good view of the pool from up high!
- Walking Paths – Just strolling around the area is a wonderful way to enjoy some family time. You’ll never know what
- Expansive Wrap Around Sun Decks – Pull up a chair! There’s plenty of cushiony lounge chairs to go around, even ones inside the cave (a perfect shade spot!)
- Daily Games/Activities at the Pool – Bingo, Relays, Token Dive, Trivia all happen throughout the day at the Grand Cypress Pool
- Complimentary Infused Water – This was a life saver multiple times on our staycation. With it being 90+ degrees outside, it was so refreshing to not only receive ice cold water, but even taking the time to enjoy fresh orange slices or cucumber was such a nice touch!
2. Family-Friendly Activities Included
Besides that really awesome pool area, Grand Cypress offers lots of great family-friendly activities included with your stay! No extra fees on these activities! I couldn’t believe how much there was to do. Our kids were never bored!
- FREE Bike Rentals (adult, children and family surreys) with extensive bike and jogging trails
- 1,000 Feet of White Sandy Beaches – complete with hammocks
- Beach Volleyball
- Tether Ball
- S’mores Fire Pit
- Boating – Kayaks, Canoes, Paddleboats, Sailboats, Hydro Bikes, Aqua Cycles are readily available for your family to take to the seas on the private Lake Windsong
- Outdoor Kid-Friendly Movies Over the Summer
- 9 Hole par 3 Pitch n’ Putt
- Tennis Courts
- Golf Driving Range
3. Kids’ Meals Sensitive to Your Allergies and Special Needs
I love that the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress pays extra special attention to dietary needs, especially for kids. You’ll find that in each of the hotel’s restaurants, including the Cascade American Bistro. We got the chance to dine in this family-friendly restaurant and test out the menu. This menu was made in conjunction with kids and chef to provide a well-balanced meal that’s still delicious!
4. All of the Amenities of Home
One of the main things I look for in a great hotel is the room amenities. I want to feel as comfortable as I can away from my own bed. Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress does exactly that. With plush beds, a large flat screen TV, wired and wireless internet, even turn down service complete with chocolates on your pillow! I love all of the wonderful free toiletries they offer too, just in case you’re a mom like me and forgot something!
5. Engaging Kid Focused Activities
- Camp Hyatt – This program is geared specifically for kids aged 3-12, you won’t need to worry about them staying busy! Full day and half day options available from pool games to rock climbing and chef creations, there’s plenty to do here!
- Pool Scuba – Kids aged 8 years+ can take personal pool scuba lessons right in the lagoon! Snorkeling also available for ages 5-10 years old.
- The Mermaid Academy – ever dreamed of being a mermaid? Or a shark? The Mermaid Academy provides your kids the equipment they need to swim like these se creatures, tails and fins provided!
- Hair Wrap and Temporary Tattoos –
- Sand Art – Take home your very own beach treasure! Your kids will love creating their own personal sand sculpture!
- Video Arcade
6. Something for Mom and Dad Too
We didn’t forget about you, moms and dads. In case you get to sneak away for a little time without the kids (that Camp Hyatt is looking good about now, right?), here’s a few things just for mom and dad.
- 18-hole golf course on pristine grounds + three 9-hole golf courses
- Full Service Spa including facials, salon styling and massages
- Fitness Center
7. Best View in the House
Being only 1 mile away from Walt Disney World has it’s advantages! If you have the extra to spring for the poolside view, do it! You’ll get to pull up a chair on your balcony and have the best seat to watch the nightly Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks show. Only minutes away from the prized Orlando attractions, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress makes a perfect home for your next theme park visit.
It’s no wonder that The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress was recently given the PTPA Seal of Approval for family-friendliness too! My family absolutely loved staying at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. From great amenities to amazing on-property activities, we enjoyed every minute of fun together!
Ready to book your next stay? I totally recommend checking out the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Offers, including the Florida Resident Rate (staycation anyone?), the Sunshine on Sale package (get your 5th night free!) and the new Orlando Theme Park Package which includes 2 theme park visits, hotel stay and food & beverage! Your next family vacation is waiting for you!
Stay social. Be sure to follow Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates, promotions and more!
What does your family look for in a great hotel?
Disclosure ~ I received a free stay at the amazing Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando and meal in exchange for this review. No other compensation received. All opinions are 100% my own. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more reviews, giveaways and more.
Jocelyn McGaffic says
This place looks awesome and I’d love to stay here with the kids sometime. The pool area looks wonderful.