This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Coca-Cola. All opinions are mine alone. #CampGreatWolfWithCoke #CollectiveBias 50+ Things to Do at Great Wolf Lodge for the Ultimate Vacation.
50+ Things to Do at Great Wolf Lodge for the Ultimate Vacation
When summer camp is this much FUN!
Who knew that one of our family’s favorite summer vacations ever would be just a short road trip away? Our first visit to Great Wolf Lodge in Atlanta, Georgia blew this Florida crew away with so much to do during our weekend getaway that we honestly could have stayed an extra week to get all of the fun in! If you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind family vacation, let me tell you all of the reasons why we love this resort with 50 Things to Do at Great Wolf Lodge for the ultimate vacation this summer, rain or shine!
And why this Florida family can’t wait to go back!
Splash at the Giant Indoor Water Park
We knew that Great Wolf Lodge had one of the best indoor water parks in the country, but we had NO clue just how expansive it is. Check out all of the attractions in just this one part of the resort:
- 6 Water Slides – including raft rides, tube rides and thrill rides (height requirements range from 42 – 48 inches to ride)
- 1 Wave Pool with zero entry
- 1 Lazy River
- 1 Water Basketball Pool (with multiple hoops)
- 1 Kiddie Splash Area (with 4 kiddie water slides)
- 1 Multi-Level Water Tree Fort with Slides and 1000-Gallon Dump Bucket
Explore the Ultimate Summer Camp-In
Why camp-out when you can camp-in? Besides the indoor water park, I had no idea that there would be so many OTHER things to do at Great Wolf Lodge. But summer is the perfect time for families to visit, offering tons of great themed activities for the whole family with the Great Wolf Lodge first ever Summer Camp-In at all 16 locations! From themed decor throughout the resort and select rooms to staff dressed as camp counselors, your family is going to love all that the Great Wolf Lodge has to offer this summer. Now through Labor Day weekend, your family can enjoy these extra weatherproof activities included with your stay:
- Yoga Tails – start your day with some family-friendly stretching and exercise outdoors
- Trailblazer Challenge – participate in 10 select Camp-In activities such as friendship bracelet making and rubber ducky decorating, as well as interactive games like family trivia and corn hole challenges and gain badges to earn the ultimate camper title of Trailblazer!
- Ducky 500! – decorate and race your rubber ducky inside of the indoor water park
- Camp-In Great Games – participate in free summer themed games throughout the resort
- Paws-on-Projects – coloring, playground, and more!
- Summer Pool Party -play games, enjoy free snacks, listen to poolside DJ music , and dancing
- Summer Camp-In Jamboree – wind down from the day and gather ’round the fire for face painting, singing, and more
- Story Time with Great Wolf Kid meet-and-greet – get a pic and hug with the Great Wolf Kid
- Camp Howl – parent-free drop off program from 5-9 pm on select days
- S’mores (for an extra fee) – Make sure to leave some room for a sweet summer treat! Create your own s’mores with a huge s’more dessert bar
- Campfire Ceremony – ceremony of lighting the fireplace nightly
- Story Time Crafts – make a craft to go along with the nighttime campfire story time!
- Campfire Stories – grab your pj’s for a silly story around the campfire
- Summer Song Trivia Blast Dance Party – dance the night away with summer themed dancing, special effects lighting, family trivia and more
Swim in the Outdoor Pool
And the fun doesn’t end there! There’s so many other awesome activities at the Great Wolf Lodge resort. I didn’t even consider an outdoor pool to be an option! But at Great Wolf Lodge, it’s a summer pool party all season long! Enjoy a huge outdoor pool and spa for a little fun in the sun. Pull up a lounge chair.
Conquer the Ropes Courses
Kids full of energy? Let them explore up high in the air at the Great Wolf Lodge ropes courses. Howler’s Peak offers not one, but two ropes courses for families with lots of fun obstacles and challenges for kids and adults. There is a height requirement. Kids have to be at least 48 inches tall to climb. With our amazing Wolf Passes, we had unlimited climbs during our stay. Seriously, my kids could have spent all weekend here living their best ninja warrior lives.
Experience Adventure in the Interactive MagiQuest
A live-action game brought to life, this hands-on experience allows kids to use critical thinking skills while completing scavenger hunt-like quests with interactive wands. It’s truly a Great Wolf Lodge attraction must-do! With multiple quests that can be completed in 15-30 minutes each throughout the resort, a Master Magi Knighting Ceremony, and even a custom build your own wand experience, my kids enjoyed exploring every inch of the resort in a fun game! The best part is that you can reuse the wand when you come back – to complete even more quests on your next visit.
Reach New Heights at the Rock Climbing Wall
Things are looking up this summer at the Great Wolf Lodge! The Rustic Ridge Climbing Wall has 5 different courses, ranging from easy to hard. This makes a great activity for the whole family (even my 6-year old was climbing the wall). If you complete the hardest course, you can even earn a free night stay. (Warning, this has only been completed once by a 12-year old professional rock climber.)
Eat & Drink Like a Wolf
All of those things to do at Great Wolf Lodge Georgia can sure work up an appetite! I had no idea that this place offered so many different dining places within the resort. If you’ve got a wolf sized hunger, there are options with 9 different eateries and bars throughout the resort including:
- Campfire Kitchen (buffet style breakfast)
- Barnwood (sit down restaurant) – with exclusive Summer Camp-In Character Breakfast and BBQ dinner menu
- Hungry as a Wolf
- Buckets Incredible Craveables (quick service accessible in the water park & resort)
- Timbers Tacos (quick service accessible in water the park & resort)
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Freshwood Market (grab and go)
- The Outpost (bar)
- The Watering Hole (bar)
Along with a great selection of food, every Great Wolf Lodge dining area offers Coca-Cola® products too. We loved having the Freestyle machines all around the resort, making it easy to rehydrate throughout our stay! So refreshing after full days of family vacationing with all of these things to do at Great Wolf Lodge.
Get a Hole in One at the Mini Golf Course
Summer and mini golfing go hand-in-hand, am I right? The Howl in One camp themed mini golf course is great way for the whole family to connect, even the littlest ones! Features 9 holes with tricky shots and fun challenges.
Bowl a Strike
Family bowling is a hit at the Ten Paw Alley! This mini bowling alley features 4 lanes of family-friendly bowling, perfect for little hands! No bowling shoes required.
Create Your Own Flip Flops
Ever wanted to create your own unique pair of shoes? The Great Wolf Lodge Georgia offers an exclusive place to build your own flip flops at Sammy’s Flip Flop Workshop! Choose your colors, accessorize and make a one-of-a-kind souvenir to remember your trip! Prices for a complete pair start as low as $15.99 for a fun activity and take-home gift!
Savor Summer at Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
We all scream for ice cream, am I right? Nothing says summer like a scoop (or 5) of amazing flavors from Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, conveniently located inside the Great Wolf Lodge.
Play Games at the 24-Hour Arcade
The Northern Lights Arcade offers a variety of different games for the whole family, from skee ball to carnival games to video games. This arcade is also open 24 hours, so you can play at any time! And if you use Paw Points they can roll over to your next visit too.
Mine for Treasures
Just like the pioneers of old, your kids will love panning for treasures at Oliver’s Mining Co. This stream of water is a fun place to sift through to find gemstones and minerals to take home.
Do your kids love stuffed animals too? Creation Station offers a full Build-A-Bear Workshop experience, including plushes, outfits, accessories, and exclusive Great Wolf Lodge products! Create your own Great Wolf Lodge pal for a one-of-a-kind souvenir.
Shop Like a Boss
It’s not a vacation without a little momento! And The Great Wolf Lodge offers multiple locations for shopping: everything from sweet tooth cravings to souvenirs to gear for the whole family.
- Great Wolf Candy Company
- Buckhorn Exchange
- Paddle Bay Outfitters
- Camp H.O.W.L. Kids Store
Summer camp is so much more fun! For this Florida family, we weren’t expecting so much fun under one roof! Rain or shine, we absolutely loved all of these Things to Do at The Great Wolf Lodge in Atlanta, Georgia during the first ever Great Wolf Lodge Summer Camp-In, running now through Labor Day Weekend! I hope you can squeeze in a visit this summer and enjoy the best that summer camp has to offer – for the whole family. Click HERE to start planning your family summer vacation of a lifetime! #CampGreatWolfwithCoke