10 Reasons Why I Will Cry On His First Day of School
It just doesn’t seem possible. Today marks my son’s first day of Kindergarten. And all I can see is his little baby face. Where did the 5 years go? As I muscle up and hold back the big alligator tears (at least so my son cannot see), there will be at least 10 reasons why I will cry on his first day of school. Enjoy my
sorrow humor as I write out my fears for today. And someone give me a hug before I head to the car line.
1. Every time I remember how old he is…and how old I am
2. Every flashback I have to his birth…and my labor
3. Every moment I realize that we are running late (there’s at least 100+, see HERE for a laugh)
4. Every time I worry if he’s making friends, if he’s being good, if he can open his yogurt, if he went potty before it’s too late
5. Every time my daughter misses her playmate
6. Every time my daughter has a tantrum because she misses her playmate
7. Every time I look at the clock and realized how long he is gone everyday
8. Every time I think of how much he is learning and growing
9. Every time I wonder if he found his class, his bus, his recess line ok
10. Every time I realize that he will rely less on me and more of God to love and protect him
We had a tough Pre-K. So getting out some of these crying moments are probably a result of the year we had. See HERE for more on our Pre-K experience.