Elmo Play Date Tips with Playskool + Recipe #ImagineWithElmo. I wrote this review while participating in a campaign for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Playskool. I received product samples to facilitate my party and review, and a promotional item to thank me for participating
Elmo Play Date Tips with Playskool + Recipe #ImagineWithElmo
I love that my baby is getting old enough now to really enjoy play dates.
Not only is she exploring her world and building essential social skills with her friends, but I love encouraging as much creative play as possible. And there’s no better way to foster great creative play than with a FUN play date! Here’s some great play date ideas to keep the stress level down and the fun level up, including a delicious and healthy Elmo snack recipe!
1. Arrange for a fun play date with friends
Be sure to time the play date right so no naps or meals are interrupted! Nothing has to be formal, but do give your guests time to plan.
2. Think of a fun theme for the day
This helps corral creative ideas you have and help to organize a bit of the chaos. You can add great games, food ideas, décor, and music to fit your theme. Can you tell what our theme was? We’re Imagining with Elmo!
3. Make a FUN themed snack
One of my favorite things to do for play dates is have a cute themed snack for them to enjoy in between play time. These EASY Elmo Yogurt Cups went perfectly with our Imagine with Elmo theme!
Elmo Yogurt Cups
- 6 clear plastic cocktail cups
- 6 5 oz. cups of your favorite yogurt (we used strawberry)
- 1 carton of strawberries, washed and cut into bite sized pieces (don't worry about the shape)
- 1 tub of Cool Whip, thawed
- 6 rounded balls of cantaloupe melon
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries, washed
- Place 5 oz. of yogurt in the bottom of a clear plastic cocktail cup. Make sure the top is layered evenly
- Top the yogurt with cut strawberries, enough to cover the yogurt layer.
- Using a rounded half teaspoon, place 2 round dabs of Cool Whip towards the top half of the cup. These will be Elmo's "eyes."
- Place 1 blueberry in the center of each Cool Whip eye
- Place one rounded melon ball under the eyes to be Elmo's nose.
- Make a smile for Elmo with a line of blueberries.
- Repeat for the remaining 5 cups. You now have 6 Elmo faces peering up at you! Perfect for a delicious snack!
4. Bring out toys that spark imagination
Toys. What’s a play date without toys? Choosing toys that not only are fun but spark imagination was really important for this play date. We were so fortunate to try out the brand new Let’s Imagine Elmo for this play date. This interactive Elmo encourages your child to play with a spark of the imagination. Does your child want to be a Prince? Cowboy? Sea Captain? You can switch out the hats and journey with Elmo into a land of imagination! We loved helping the kids wear their favorite Let’s Imagine with Elmo hat, talk about what they want to be when they grow up (my son wants to be a Monster Truck Driver….surprised?) and just enjoy letting them play, explore and learn with their Playskool toys!
5. Don’t forget to enjoy the moment too!
All too soon those kids grow up. Be sure to enjoy every second of play time too! Help to encourage their creativity and play. Praise, smile and hug. Capture pictures and savor the memories.
Want to host your own Playskool party? Check out the Playskool website for more ideas, including information about the new Let’s Imagine Elmo!
What tips do you have for a FUN play date?
Looking for more?