- (1) Large Fabric Mesh Laundry Bag with drawstring closure (at least 22.5 inches across and 12 inches long) – I used blue for contrast. White I think would also look great!
- (1) Roll of String, Rope, Fishing Wire – at least 65-70 inches in length
- (1) Roll of Green Crepe/Streamer Paper
- (1) Set of Finding Nemo Mobile Printables HERE
- (1) Set of Glue Dots
- (10) Safety Pins
- Ruler or Measuring Tape
- OPTIONAL: Lightweight Bath Toys (such as fish, sharks, etc.)
TOTAL Cost for me was only $2 for the crepe paper….SUPER exciting!
Believe it or not, this banner was all inspired by…my old laundry bag. It sat around and collected dust. As soon as I saw it, I immediately saw ocean blue and fish net. So glad those creative juices weren’t completely dead! So here’s how to make this FUN banner
1. Remove laundry bag drawstring. Place aside (or possibly save for stringing up your banner)
2. Cut Laundry Bag down seam and open up into a flat rectangle. Measure and cut (from the top of the drawstring area) 5 equal sized pieces. I measured 9 inches across (from drawstring seam) to 12 inches down.
3. Cut your Nemo Mobile Printable Chracters into single circles and shapes. Using Glue Dots, arrange onto banner pieces (with the drawstring area as the TOP of your banner). If you have fun lightweight bath toys, now’s a great time to use those too! Really make your banner your own 🙂
4. Cut long pieces of crepe paper and scrunch together to create textured seaweed. Using Glue Dots, twist, weave and place your seaweed throughout your banner pieces around your already placed Nemo characters.
5. Thread your string through the top of the drawstring seams. Secure with Safety Pins from the back of the banner.
DONE! You are ready to party with Finding Nemo! And with Finding Dory coming out soon, this is a great banner to hold onto for the next party! Also makes a great Under the Sea or Ocean Party Banner too!
What do you think? Be on the lookout for more great Finding Nemo Party ideas as my Finding Nemo #DisneySide At Home Celebration unravels!
Need more Finding Nemo inspiration? Check out my How To Host a DIY Finding Nemo Party Post!
Thanks to Spoonful for the Nemo Printables!
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more fun DIYs, Crafts, Recipes & more!
Leave a Reply