LongHorn Steakhouse 2014 Grilled Tastes of Summer Menu #GetGrilling. Disclosure ~ Post sponsored by Longhorn Steakhouse. All deliciousness and opinions are 100% my own
LongHorn Steakhouse 2014 Grilled Tastes of Summer Menu #GetGrilling
Summer is here and I’m enjoying all of the bright and fresh flavors that enhance the season. July happens to be National Grilling Month as well (so fitting!). And when it comes to grilling, I always think of a juicy steak! LongHorn Steakhouse is no newbie when it comes to great steaks and summer menus. For 2014, LongHorn Steakhouse has just released the new Grilled Tastes of Summer Menu, featuring all of the amazing fresh and bright flavors of the season. And guess who got to taste it all?
Oh, yes 🙂
So come join me on my mouth-watering 2014 summer menu cruise through LongHorn Steakhouse. You might want a napkin to wipe the drool 🙂
We started off with a bunch of appetizers…like 15. No, really our table was covered in appetizers. There are a tons of great new appetizers on the summer menu.
- NEW Spicy Chicken Bites – these were hands-down my favorite. No only do you get a nice little spice, but a sweet ginger flavor too.
- NEW Crispy Jalapeno Shooters – Don’t let these little peppers scare you away. I didn’t find them hard to tame. Stuffed with 3 cheeses and served in a lime avacado sauce, these little poppers are the perfect start to a great night
- NEW Shrimp and Avocado Stack – Bright and bold for summer, this stack is beautifully served. The combo of cool summer flavors are perfect for the season
- NEW Sweet Corn Fritters (NOT pictured) – Yeah…these sweet things were so popular, they were gone. Think just as addicting as a hush puppy, but with a sweet corn taste. Simply fantastic-ly edible.
- Housemade Kettle Chips – Just like at home. Served warm, crispy and with a nice salty seasoning, these chips come with warm smoky BBQ and horseradish aioli. My son got homemade chips to enjoy 🙂 One happy camper!
- Fried Green Tomatoes – Topped with goat cheese and a sriracha sauce, there’s a subtle heat to these tomatoes. Perfect for sharing
- Wild West Shrimp -a This one is BIG. Served in a long boat, sitting in a marinade of hot cherry peppers and garlic butter, these little shrimp disappear fast! Dip in housemade ranch dressing to balance the heat. This was delish!
- Best of Longhorn Sampler – Stuffed Mushrooms, Firecracker Chicken Wraps and Wild West Shrimp together on a large plate. Bring a few healthy eaters for this appetizer. I’m hoping some of the new appetizers will join this sampler soon!
Ok, by this round of food…I was seriously stuffed. Pushing aside my stomach, I dove into the summer salads. The Grilled Watermelon Salad is the crown jewel salad of the season. That is a REAL char on the watermelon as it is flash grilled, brushed with honey and served chilled. Toss with bright greens of kale, romaine, quinoa, goat cheese and serve with a fresh lemon vinaigrette and balsamic drizzle. THIS salad says summer!
I had the 6 oz. Flo’s Filet and side of Mac n’ Cheese. Did you know there’s real bacon in there? I was in mac n’ cheese heaven (and so was my daughter the next day). The steak was seasoned and grilled to perfection. Tender and juicy, just like a filet should be. If you’re feeling the summer adventure, try the brand new Fire-Grilled Hawaiian Ribeye. 11 oz. of boneless ribeye marinated in a sweet ginger-garlic soy sauce, flame-grilled and topped with roasted pineapple compote. Served here with LongHorn’s signature grilled corn….YUM! I seriously could only eat a few bites of dinner, because I was saving room for…
By the time this course came, I was hurting. Like…find-me-a-Tums now hurting! But I kept hearing of this amazing dessert as big as my head…and I had to push through!
- NEW Peach and Raspberry Tart – FRESH fruit from the season, this tart is balanced, light and simply amazing. I could have had 10 of these and have been perfectly happy.
- Chocolate Stampede – the signature dessert of LongHorn Steakhouse is a chocolate dream cake served with ice cream. Bring friends, as this dish gives your table HALF of a full sized cake. According to the director, he’s only seen 3 people finish the whole thing by themselves. It’s that big, folks. But the chocolate is decadent and
The LongHorn Grill Us Hotline
And with the 4th of July here tomorrow, you know there will be a ton of people grilling out! And sometimes, you might have a question. We’ve heard about the turkey hotline, why not a grilling hotline?! That’s right, the LongHorn Grill Masters will be manning the phone lines on July 3-6 from 2pm – 7pm EST to answer your “burning” grilling questions. Need to know the perfect temperature? How to grill corn? Gosh, they’ve even helped a person put a grill together over the phone!! Let the LongHorn folks guide you to grilling perfection all 4th of July weekend long!
- Call 1-855-LH-GRILL
- Text LHGRILL to 40679
- Social Media Blast on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram with hashtag #GetGrilling (handles below)
I think is so great for the holiday weekend! I’d love to see what burning questions you have for the Grill Masters!
The Central Florida Lady Bloggers had a fantastic time checking out the deliciousness summer has to offer at LongHorn Steakhouse with their 2014 Grilled Tastes of Summer Menu!
Disclosure ~ I received an amazing meal, a take home bag (or 2), great laughs and adult conversation from LongHorn Steakhouse in exchange for this review. All tasty opinions are 100% my own. Be sure to follow Saving Said Simply for more reviews, giveaways and more.