Is Disney’s best holiday party worth that price tag? Is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party worth the cost? This post is sponsored by Walt Disney World. All magical opinions are my own.
Is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Worth The Cost?
I have been where you are. Nothing says the holidays like Disney. But dropping extra money for a Disney holiday party – is it really worth that price tag? This question has crossed the mind of anyone who’s been weighing the pros and cons of the most sought after holiday experience at Walt Disney World, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Today I’m weighing in on one of my most asked questions this time of year: Is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Worth the Cost?
8 Hours of Admission, Including 5 Hours of EXCLUSIVE Access
During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, you family can get up to 8 hours of admission to Magic Kingdom. The difference, there’s 5 hours of EXCLUSIVE Very Merry admission only! A capped entrance and potential ticket “sell out” possibility means less crowds and less headaches walking around Magic Kingdom, with a little more elbow room. While there’s less time in the park compared to the usual ticket rate, it may be worth it to pay and guarantee smaller crowds.
FREE Treats – Now in Sealed Packages for 2018!
Treats all night…for free? Well, included with your admission at least. Cookies, cocoa and snowman pretzels – oh my! If you love holiday treats, you can’t go wrong with the exclusive and complimentary Very Merry Treats. And for the first time this year, each cookie comes in it’s own sealed bag! Score – less things to bring to Very Merry! But I have to say that my favorite treat this year is the Snowman Soft Pretzel. Savory and sweet treats, heck yes! Keep in mind that the lines are long, but usually fast moving (especially for Pinocchio Village Haus). Here’s the full list of treats and where to find them during the Very Merry Christmas Party:
- Main Street: Red Mickey Santa Sugar Cookie
- Tortuga Tavern: Snowman Soft Pretzel and Sno-Cone
- Liberty Square: Ginger Molasses Cookie and Eggnog
- Pinocchio Village Haus: Hot Chocolate, Fruit-flavored Soda, and a variety of holiday cookies
- Friar’s Nook: Chilled Apple Cider and Chocolates
- Storybook Snacks Cart: Peppermint Crunch Cookie
- Auntie Gravitie’s Galactic Goodies: Chocolate Chip Cookie and Shaved Ice
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café: Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Love Disney parades? There’s only one you can catch during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – with SNOWFALL! If you’re a Walt Disney World parade lover, Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade is a must-see! This festive parade occurs on 8:30 pm and 11 pm every night, featuring beautiful floats, catchy tunes, your favorite Disney characters dressed in their holiday best, and SNOW on Main Street!
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration Stage Show
Singing, dancing and your favorite Disney characters in festive attire! Since 2016, Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration Stage Show definitely brings the fun to the holidays and is one of my family’s favorite castle stage shows, especially for seeing Mickey and Minnie as Santa and Mrs. Claus!
FREE Exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card
Do you love playing this Magic Kingdom game too? This trading card/spell casting game exclusive of the Magic Kingdom is always so much fun! And only during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party can you get an exclusive FREE card – always holiday themed!
Exclusive Holiday Character Photo Ops
I have talked to people who wait in a Very Merry Photo Op line for hours – just for family tradition. There’s something so special about getting that exclusive Very Merry Holiday Photo Op, when Mickey is dressed up, when Santa is looking all jolly, when your favorite character is only out that one time during the year. Weigh in on these exclusive Very Merry photo opportunities and see if there’s one that’s worth getting that family picture for. Also look for exclusive PhotoPass ops throughout the park, including holiday themed props, animation and more!
Main Street USA
- Mickey Mouse – Town Square Theater
- Santa Claus – Next to City Hall
- Sandy Claws & Sally – Town Square Theater
- Judy Hopps & Nick Wilde – next to Carousel of Progress
- Ariel & Eric – across from Ariel’s Grotto
- Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger – next to the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Various Princes & Princesses including Elena, Tiana and Naveen – Princess Fairytale Hall
- Aladdin, Genie, Princess Jasmine, Abu – around Magic Carpets
- Captain Jack Sparrow – stage across from Pirates
- Moana – Enchanted Tiki Room
- Peter Pan – roaming around the land
- Mary Poppins & Bert – gazebo
- Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck – Casey Jr. Splash n’ Soak Station
- Santa Goofy – exit of Barnstormer
- The Seven Dwarfs – inside of Pete’s Silly Side Show, in the big tent
3 Exclusive Dance Parties
Got family members that love to get their holiday jam on? Only at Very Merry can you groove at not just one but 3 exclusive holiday themed dance parties. Dance the night away with your favorite characters, tunes and more:
- Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jingle Jam – with characters like Vampirina, Doc McStuffins & Timon
- Club Tinsel – inside of Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas & The Edge Effect – Rockettower Plaza Stage
The Rides, Without the Long Waits
It’s not only about the Christmas entertainment! There is definitely holiday magic in being able to ride some of the most popular Magic Kingdom rides with little to no wait. It’s my favorite time of year to see the one and only “Jingle Cruise” too (see full ride video above). Mine Train under 45 minutes? Yes, please! Here are the list of rides that will be open during the party (Subject to change, NO FastPasses):
- Adventureland – Pirates of the Caribbean, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Swiss Family Treehouse, and Jingle Cruise
- Frontierland – Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain
- Liberty Square – The Haunted Mansion
- Fantasyland – Princess Fairytale Hall, Peter Pan’s Flight, Prince Charming Regal Carousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, it’s a small world, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Barnstormer, Mad Tea Party, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Tomorrowland – Astro Orbiter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Holiday Wishes Fireworks Show
It’s not Christmas without fireworks and my favorite castle transformation! The Holiday Wishes Fireworks Show is absolutely one of my most favorite fireworks shows ever – and can only be seen on the nights of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
The Merry Memories
I can never put a price tag on the magic of the holidays and our family memories. And with Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, it is absolutely one price tag worth paying – at least once. I get the expense, but for Disney loving families, this is one of my kids’ favorite Christmas memories. If you can, save up and invest in one Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – from the free treats to exclusive entertainment, it’s the merry memories that your family will talk about for years to come.
Buy your Very Merry tickets in advance to save up to $10 off per ticket (and avoid a possible sell out night). And if you’re an annual pass holder, definitely take advantage of Annual Pass Holder discounts too. Prices start at $105 per person at the gate. Here are the 2018 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party dates:
- November 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29 and 30
- December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 21
Is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Worth the Cost for your family?
My family and I were invited to attend a special Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Media event in exchange for this Is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Worth the Cost? post. All very merry opinions are my own. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for the best family travel tips, recipes, kid crafts and more.