Post sponsored by Produce for Kids. All delicious opinions are my own
Healthy Candy Corn Inspired Popsicles | Help Feed America This Fall
Fall is in the air and the sweetness of the season has landed at Raising Whasians! My heart is swelling with excitement to share these Healthy Candy Corn Popsicles, perfect inspiration for the season! But these easy fall popsicles are so much MORE than family-friendly sweet treats. Yes, these popsicles are helping to Feed America at the same time! That’s right, we’re creating delicious healthy recipes and giving back this fall. Best part, it’s so easy for your family to get involved! Check out my delicious recipe and details on the latest fall campaign from Produce for Kids!
While the north may be enjoying falling leaves and cooler temperatures, Florida is still enjoying sunny days and highs still in the 80s! There’s no better way to bring a little fall into the Sunshine State than with fall inspired popsicles. I’ve always loved candy corn growing up…but now as a mom, I’m more conscious of the choices I’m making for my family. That’s why I love giving my kids as much fresh produce as possible, even during the busy fall season. Bananas are staples in my house, and I love bringing some unique and tasty flavors like mangoes home with me. Inspired by this season’s fresh produce, giving back, and my love of candy corn, these healthy candy corn popsicles were created. And my kids are LOVING them! Ready to make your own?
Healthy Candy Corn Inspired Popsicles
- 6 oz. Coconut Water
- 2 Mangos - such as Coast Tropical Mangos at Publix
- 2 Bananas - such as Chiquita Bananas at Publix
- 6 5 oz. Paper or Plastic Cups
- Fun Toothpicks/Popsicle Sticks
- OPTIONAL: Orange Juice
- Place coconut water in the bottom of each cup, about 1/2 inch high. Freeze until solid.
- Puree mango in blender. Add orange juice if desired (for more orange color) and add another 1/2 inch thick layer in your cups. Add your toothpicks/popsicle sticks. Freeze until solid.
- Puree bananas in blender. Pour to the top of the cups. Allow to freeze fully.
- When ready to enjoy, allow to thaw a few minutes at room temperature before removing popsicle from cup mold.
Would you love to know that your fresh produce purchase this fall season is making a difference…beyond your family? Right now, you can easily support Feeding America thanks to Produce for Kids! Just by purchasing your family’s favorite fresh fruits and veggies, you can provide meals to kids through your local Feeding America food bank. Sounds easy, right? Yes, it really is that simple to give back! Now through October 28th, 2015, your fresh produce purchase at your local Publix can make a difference and help Feed America this fall!
- Avocados from Mexico – Mexican Hass Avocados
- Chiquita Fresh – Chiquita® Bananas
- Coast Tropical – Mangos
- Crunch Pak® Sliced Apples
- Del Monte Foods® – Fruit Naturals® Cups
- Fresh Express® Packaged Salads
- RealSweet® Vidalia® Onions
- Little Bear Brand Vidalia® Sweet Onions
- Tasti-Lee Tomatoes
- Marie’s® Dressings
- Wonderful® Pistachios
Last spring, Publix was able to support Feeding America’s local children’s program by supplying 1.2 million meals to local families and children in need. Let’s help even more this fall! Just look for The Very Hungry Caterpillar signs located in your Publix produce department to pick up supporting produce brands. You can also head to www.produceforkids.com for more delicious healthy recipes for your family and how your purchase makes a difference! Make your own healthy inspired recipe this fall and tag with hashtag #produceforkids. Follow Produce for Kids via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram too.
So raise your popsicles to a sweet and healthy season thanks to Produce for Kids! Know that every sweet fall moment is making a difference in your family’s lives as well as across America. You can make your fresh produce purchase count now through October 28, 2015 thanks to Produce for Kids. Let’s help Feed America this fall.