Post sponsored by Upromise. All nostalgic graduation opinions are my own.
5 Graduation Gift Ideas for Every Graduate with Upromise By Sallie Mae
It’s one of those times when you smile so big that your cheeks hurt for days. Graduation. One of the biggest accomplishments in a lifetime, graduation marks a milestone in a person’s life. It signifies hope, promise and in every way relief. If you’re looking for the perfect graduation gift this season, from the high school graduate to the college grad, I have 5 graduation gift ideas for every graduate on your list this year. Check out what made my top 5 this season and how you can make your gift even more special with Upromise by Sallie Mae.
1. A Touch of Home
Is your graduate about to “leave the nest?” It can be an anxious time for graduates, especially those leaving home for the first time. Give your graduate a touch of the home they love, such as a soft fluffy robe from JCPenney and a stock of their favorite Starbucks coffee.
2. A Reminder of Your Accomplishments
Graduation, it’s a BIG deal. One of the proudest moments of my life, I definitely have such fond memories of walking across that stage and being handed that priceless piece of paper. 4 years of high school. 4 years of college. 2 graduations full of memories. Having a reminder of this amazing milestone gives your graduate something look back and smile at. I love this Collegiate Bangle Bracelet from Alex and Ani!
3. Something Personal
I love giving personalized gifts for graduation. Not only is it thoughtful and special, but completely unique, especially when the name is tough to find (aka like Christie). Give the gift of personal, like a personalized tassel graduation frame from Personal Creations.
4. A Foundation for The Future
Give your grad the tools to succeed! So whether it’s a college need like a computer from HP or Apple, or a career need like a suit from Jos. A. Bank, or an amazing digital camera to see the world from Walmart, consider gifting that item that will provide the stepping stone for a bright tomorrow.
5. For the Unknown
Life is full of uncertainty. This definitely can become an overwhelming theme for the new graduate. For all of the unknown factors in life, cash and gift cards are always appreciated gifts for the graduate.
Earn Cash Back on Your Graduation Gifts with Upromise by Sallie Mae
Did you know that you can buy all of these awesome graduation gift ideas while earning cash back through Upromise? Upromise makes it easy to shop, save and earn while getting the gifts for those you love. No matter what graduate you’re shopping for this season, it’s important to make sure that you are making the most impact with your money. When shopping for perfect graduation gift, I turn to Upromise for big savings and maximized earnings. Here’s why:
1. It’s FREE. Upromise is a FREE to join membership service that allows families to earn cash back for college through every day purchases
2. Shop & Earn Cash Back. Upromise members can earn up to 5% cash back just by shopping with Upromise partners —including more than 850+ online stores and 10,000+ restaurants, grocery and drugstores.
3. Earn up to 10% Cash Back. In addition to saving 5% when shopping online, users can earn an additional 5% when shopping online with the Upromise MasterCard. That’s a total of up to 10% savings!
4. Crediting Your Account is Easy. When earning cashback through Upromise, just shop through Upromise.com to get to your favorite sites, or download the RewardU toolbar for easy tracking.
5. Allocate Your Cash Back Your Way. To date, Upromise members have earned $940,000,000 and counting, helping families contribute to college tuition, expenses and loans. Members can allocate their cash back earnings in MANY ways to help plan, save and pay for college. Upromise gives you control over how to best allocate your cash back earnings:
- Transfer earnings to eligible 529 plans or high-yield savings accounts
- Apply earnings to student loan repayment
- Request a check for cash for books and other expenses
- Split up earnings across multiple beneficiaries
Graduation season is bittersweet. The end of something familiar. The beginning of something new. Giving the perfect graduation gift is more than just a gift, but a celebration of one of life’s biggest milestones. Shopping with Upromise for your perfect graduation gift is so much more. It’s a gift that keeps on giving long after your child wears that cap and gown, walks across that stage and gets handed their diploma. Feeling graduation inspired? Check out these Top 8 Graduation Commencement Speeches from greats like Steve Jobs, J. K. Rowling and more. Celebrate the graduate in your life this year while earning cash back with Upromise.
What gift would you give to the graduate in your life?
Disclosure ~ I am proud to be a Upromise Ambassador. I received compensation in exchange for this post, but my love for this program is 100% real. All opinions are my own. Be sure to follow Saving Said Simply via Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more reviews, giveaways and more.