Today I’m sharing our experience at The Escape Game Orlando, with photos, tips and no-spoiler secrets to having the best time! This post is sponsored by The Escape Game Orlando. All puzzle solving opinions are my own
The Escape Game Orlando | Not Your Ordinary Attraction
Orlando, the city of theme parks, theatrics and attractions. Lots of them. Living in a city that’s founded on tourism, I certainly have had my share of them all. The Escape Game craze has been a recent phenomena in our hometown, and I knew that Orlando would certainly know how to serve up this attraction right. So we headed to The Escape Game Orlando off of I-Drive for a date night experience unlike any other. There’s definitely a reason why this place is rated #1 on Trip Advisor, and today I’m sharing our game experience.
Want to know how to make the best of your Escape Game? Check out my best tips for visiting The Escape Game Orlando and why it’s not your ordinary attraction. Promise, no spoilers!
What Is an Escape Game?
Ok, so the first thing we have to address is what the heck is an “Escape Game.” Because prior to a few months ago, I had no clue either. Basically, an escape game is the latest craze in adult/teen entertainment. You get locked into a room with a bunch of people and you have to work together by solving a bunch of puzzles and clues to get out. After that, each escape game location takes a twist on how the game is played and won.
For The Escape Game Orlando, this location is run by a national company, with locations in Nashville, Pigeon Forge, Austin and Orlando. You choose one themed escape game to play. You have a video briefing and an explanation of rules before you play. From there you go through a series of rooms by solving puzzles, opening locks and eventually physically leaving a room. You are timed with 60 minutes to get out and are given 3 free clues to use if you get stuck. By using deduction, reasoning and teamwork, the idea is to have FUN while playing this “live” game. Ok, got it now?
The first thing you have to realize about booking The Escape Game, is that it is super easy to do online. Here you can see dates, times, room availability, and how many players can sign up. This makes choosing the perfect time for you, your couple, your team much much easier to coordinate. The max group you can bring into a room is 8 people, which was good to know for my group of 7.
There are 4 rooms to choose from:
- The Heist
- Gold Rush
- Prison Break
Each room has a different theme and a different set of puzzles to solve. Classified is rated as one of the easier rooms with growing difficulty into Prison Break as the hardest room. Our group was challenged with completing the newest addition to The Escape Game Orlando: Gold Rush.
The Gold Rush Room
My group of friends were locked into The Gold Rush Room, which is Orlando’s newest room. After a cute-sy video on our mission to find gold, our staff member showed us a few items in the first room and gave us a series of rules to follow. Then, he left the room and the digital clock on the wall begins the countdown. I’m not going to give away any of the surprises, but I will say that the theme of the room is done very well. You feel like you’re in the middle of the Gold Rush time period, complete with log cabin, moonshine and dirt, lots of dirt. Solving puzzles, you open locks, move through a series of rooms and ultimately strike gold if you complete the challenge. Our group of 7 were able to complete The Escape Game in 45 minutes, which is pretty darn good.
The Escape Game Orlando Tips
While there won’t be any spoilers in this post, I do have some tips to make sure that you have the most amazing escape game experience ever.
- Don’t Spoil the Secret – Don’t go searching for spoilers on how to solve the puzzles. Don’t ask friends on how they got out. It seriously ruins the fun.
- Grab a Group – Each room can hold a max of 7 to 8 people. I would highly recommend getting a group together that fills the room. If not filled, you could be paired with other strangers. So grab your family, your co-workers, or friends that you wouldn’t mind be locked in a room for 60 minutes and enjoy a unique experience together.
- Kids – This is a challenging experience. Kids are recommended to be at least 12 years old to play. And any children under 14 years old will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Safety – Of course, safety is always the #1 priority, even with a high quality game like this one. There is always a staff member (i.e. game guide) watching the room the whole time via camera.
- Wear Comfortable Clothing – Ok ladies, I’m talking to you. As awesome as it is to get all dressed up with high heels and a fancy dress, if you’re in it to win it – you’re going to want to be comfortable. Flats, shorts/pants are definitely recommended. And if you’re doing the Gold Rush room, you may get dirty.
- Come Early – I highly recommend getting there early, at least 15 minutes to start on time. You’ll need a few minutes to gather, sign a waiver, and get into the room to start on time. That means you may need to tell those late comers to come even earlier…if you know what I mean.
- Clear Your Mind – I think the biggest hindrance you can give yourself is trying to solve puzzles that aren’t there yet. Go in with low/no expectations…just the anticipation on having a FUN time. You may win. you may lose, but the point is to have fun.
- Keep an Eye on the Time – Ok, so really do only have 60 minutes to get out. I would always keep an eye on the time, making sure to use clues along the way, especially when you get stumped.
- Don’t Worry About The Mess – This was the tough-y for me. I wanted to clean along the way. You’re going to drop stuff, leave things behind and tear up rooms in the process of the game. It’s ok. As long as we don’t break anything (that’s in the rules!), The Escape Game Team will clean up after your experience is over. Focus on playing the game.
- Celebrate – Whether you win or lose, make sure to celebrate when The Escape Game is finished. You just had one of the most unique moments ever. So enjoy it! There’s a place for a group photo to capture the memories. And high fives are definitely encouraged.
- Debrief – Having done now 2 different escape games, I find it really important to take an hour or so to gather your group together to go over how you did. We did this over a meal as we went step by step through our rooms and puzzles so everyone knew what went on (yes, because chaos does occur).
Whew! I have to say that the escape game craze in Orlando is definitely one not to be missed. There’s excitement. There’s adventure. There are challenges. And there are unforgettable memories. Overall it’s one adrenaline rush that everyone should experience once. The Escape Game Orlando has been an amazing way to reconnect with friends.
Head over to The Escape Game website to book your unforgettable experience. And be sure to follow The Escape Game Orlando via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube for the latest updates, offers, coupons and more!
We Escaped! Have you joined the Escape Game craze too?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians for more family travel tips, recipe, kid crafts, and moments!
This looks like a nice place to visit in the future.
Hannah C says
This looks really cool!