Easy Stuffed Tomato Recipe. This post was created in partnership with Winn Dixie. I have been compensated in exchange for this post.
Easy Stuffed Tomato Recipe
YUM! I was super excited to grab tomatoes at Winn Dixie this past week. Did you know that the tomatoes are big, and juicy right now? So this Stuffed Tomato Recipe was a perfect way to highlight everything I love about the tomato. Gluten-free and low in fat, this recipe is delicious, fresh and a family pleaser!
- 4 Big Fat Juicy Tomatoes
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken, cooked and drained
- 1 TSP. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onions, diced
- 1/4 cup Sweet Peppers, diced
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 TSP. Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 TSP. Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove tops and insides of tomatoes. Save for another recipe.
- Saute onion, peppers and garlic in large pan over medium low heat, until onions are soft and translucent. Remove from heat.
- Add chicken, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir until heated through.
- Stuff chicken mixture into tomatoes. Top with mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are soft.
Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
This is a great family meal that’s filling with no heavy gluten! Even my baby girl loved eating this one!
Tomato Season means it’s the perfect time to share this recipe with your family! With the tomatoes at peak season and great deals going on right now at Winn Dixie, your family can enjoy a great meal with big savings!
Check out the Winn-Dixie Big Fat Juicy Tomato Event going on right now! How do you like to enjoy tomatoes?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more family friendly recipes, ideas and more.
Looking for more?