So this week I did a take on an adorable DIY Teacher Appreciation gift. I always love when crafty things have dual purposes, so this was definitely on my mind. How do I make a gift that’s cute, frugal and FUNCTIONAL? Well check out my How To DIY Teacher Appreciation Vase Tutorial. The best part is that the decoration can be removed and used the the teacher after! Here’s how:
- 1 Empty Quick Oats Container
- About 48 Unsharpened Pencils
- 2 Large Rubber Bands
- Ribbon/Curly Ribbon
- Glue Dots, Double Sided Tape or Hot Glue
- 1 Plastic Solo Cup
- Flowers 🙂
TOTAL: Less than $10 for everything!
- Remove lid from container. Place rubber bands around your “vase.” One on top and the other on the bottom.
- Arrange your pencils so the erasers are pointing up around your vase, using the rubber bands to hold them in place.
- Glue/Tape your ribbon onto the rubber bands (not the pencils)
- Place curly ribbon onto your glue/tape seam.
- Insert your plastic cup inside your vase, then place your flowers inside.
- Give to Teacher 🙂
Looking for more crafty inspiration? Check out my Pinterest Page or DIY tab!
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more fun DIY crafts!