Remember that adorable DIY Sea Glass Candle Holder I made this summer? I was so surprised to see the response from you guys, the piece ended up going viral (THANK YOU)! It came out beautiful and I love love LOVE the way it turned out. So I couldn’t stop there. I loved that candle so much I had to take another stab at my creativity juices. It was calling me. So this DIY Sea Glass Mason Jar Candle Holder was made. Check out how to create the perfect painted beach glass effect and of course, another amazing beach inspired candle.
Beach. Summer. Candles. Yes, we have the right setting for a fun crafting session. And I just love how amazing this mason jar candle turned out, for about $3. Can we say summer craft? And hey, if I can do this, anyone can! Super easy and with beautiful results, you guys are going to LOVE making a beach accent for your home or for gifting this season.
What You Will Need:
- White School Glue
- Food Coloring
- Dish Soap
- Glass Mason Jar
- Lute twine
- Hot Glue
- Burlap Ribbon
- Votive Candle
It looks like a long list, but you’d be surprised how much of it you already have. Now for the important part, the directions.
1. In a small cup, mix together 1 1/2 TBSP of White School Glue, 1/2 TBSP of water, 1 drop of dish soap, and food coloring of your choice. I used 3 drops of blue and 1 drop of green for a soft ocean blue.
2. Paint a thin, even layer of the sea glass paint onto the outside of your jar. Be careful to avoid big globs and drips. This will look streaky when applying, but don’t worry! Allow to dry.
3. When dry, apply your Lute to the rim of the glass with hot glue, keeping everything tight and taut as your wind around the top.
4. Bring on the creativity! Wrap, cut and glue the burlap ribbon onto the bottom portion of your candle. Adhere shells as desired.
5. Fill jar with sand and add your votive on top. DONE 🙂 I love that I was able to feature some of the beautiful and natural shells we picked up from our family trip to Sanibel in 2011. Those poor shells were just sitting and collecting dust in the garage. Now, amazingly displayed and carrying on our LOVE for everything beach related.
And in case you missed it, be sure to check out my other DIY Sea Glass Candle Holder & fun sunset beach date HERE. Thanks so much for helping this fun summer craft go viral!
Perfect for decor or gifting, I love how this DIY Sea Glass Mason Jar Candle Holder came out. The soft painted sea glass effect, the lute and the shells turn this ordinary mason jar into extraordinary. And seriously, made the whole thing for about $3. I hope you’ll take some time this summer to enjoy the beach, whether visiting or crafting 🙂 Enjoy your DIY Beach Glass Candle this summer and all year long!