Ready to tackle bathroom spring cleaning? Grab this Easy DIY Natural Toilet Cleaner + Spring Cleaning Tips. This post is sponsored by Charmin. All squeaky clean opinions are my own.
DIY Natural Toilet Cleaner + Spring Cleaning Tips
Before I was a mom, spring cleaning was a breeze. I’d have my hair up, my tunes on full blast and I would finish the whole house in a day. Those were the good ole days, am I right? But let’s face it. Times change and so do our cleaning habits. Today I’m sharing my best “mom” bathroom spring cleaning tips, this chemical-free DIY Natural Toilet Cleaner that I use in my kids’ bathroom (because who else has kids that are constantly touching all of the GROSS areas of the bathroom?), and an insanely good deal on toilet paper. Let’s tackle spring cleaning with our super mom powers!
Slow It Down
We have kids to feed, schedules to keep up with and a never ending to-do list. Trying to tackle spring cleaning in day is not a realistic goal. It’s ok to slow down the process. Order by task, check off a few boxes and get back to cleaning when you can. This year I organized my bathroom to-do list like this:
- Clean out – Time to get rid of all of the expired products, things you don’t use, empty containers. I take literally everything out of my bathroom and see if I need to keep, replace or toss.
- Deep clean – Scrub a dub dub! Time to clean up that tub! I deep clean the whole space, even tackling just one area of a room at time if I’m crunched for time (like toilet, mirrors, shower, counters, floors, baseboards, etc.).
- Reorganize – One everything is sparkly clean, time to reorganize your space. Consider storage containers, reordering drawers, and hiding any non-essentials.
- Let them help – My kids LOVE when I give them tasks. And bathroom cleaning is full of tasks for my kids! Restocking toilet paper is definitely a task that both kids help me with. With 4 people and 2 potties – we need to restock often!
Stock Up with an Insanely Good Amazon Deal
Speaking of toilet paper, it’s a good thing that we don’t need toilet paper anymore – said NO mom ever. Is it just me or is it a constant buying and restocking shelves with TP, always running out at the worst possible moment (insert preschool child here who doesn’t know the concept of counting squares)? With mom life being especially busy this spring season (baseball season is almost over, y’all!), I need restocking my paper products to be easier than ever.
Thank you to whoever invented Amazon Prime!
Savings are stacking up! When I can combine my Prime free shipping plus a coupon stack – it’s like serious mom GOLD. I just grabbed an insanely good stock up deal on Charmin Ultra Strong Clean Touch Toilet Paper. This Family Mega Roll 24-pack is $3 off right with code 3MEGACHARMIN plus an extra $2 coupon at checkout for $5 savings plus free shipping! You can grab the same deal on Charmin Ultra Soft Cushiony Touch too. Just click HERE to add them to your Amazon cart.
And these aren’t your average TP rolls. These are the extra big 5-in-1 rolls with serious strength (um, I have two boys and preschooler – you feel me?) all balanced with super softness. Less changing of the empty toilet paper roll? Yes, please.
Clean Up with This DIY Natural Toilet Cleaner
I have two kids – which means basically someone is touching something in the bathroom every single day. Using harsh chemicals in their space is not an option. I need cleaners that are safe for little hands, which is why I love this DIY Natural Toilet Cleaner with lavender and lemongrass. The lavender is calming and balancing while the lemongrass is cleansing and uplifting. A little extra aromatherapy in my day while I clean? Yes, please!
What You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 10-15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10-15 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- 1 cup of vinegar
- In a glass bowl, mix together your baking soda and essential oils. Store in a tightly sealed mason jar until ready for use.
- When ready for cleaning, pour 2 tbsp of baking powder mixture into your toilet bowl. Give the bowl a good initial scrub with your toilet brush.
- Then add 1 cup of white vinegar to the bowl. This will not only give you disinfecting power of the vinegar, but react with the baking soda for a great foaming action in your bowl. BONUS, right? Then go ahead and give that toilet bowl another deep down clean with the brush. Flush.
Seriously, that’s it!
Spring cleaning looks a little bit different now that I have kids, and a little crazier too. But with a few tips, a stock up deal on Charmin, and this DIY Natural Toilet Cleaner – we’re handling spring cleaning like a boss.
What’s your best bathroom spring cleaning tip? Do you make your own DIY natural toilet cleaner too?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Charmin. The opinions and text are all mine.