Start off the school year right with these healthy apple chip nachos recipe! Post sponsored by Produce for Kids. All delicious opinions are my own
Apple Chip Nachos Recipe
How do you Power Your Lunchbox? It’s Back-to-School season which means we are gearing up for another year of delicious lunchboxes for my son. First Grade, where has the time gone? And one of the biggest challenges for my growing boy is providing him with a delicious and nutritious after school snack.
Inspired by the Produce for Kids Power Your Lunchbox Pledge this season, I’ve created this yummy Apple Chip Nachos Recipe for a unique and healthy twist on a classic favorite snack. Ready to dig in? So are we 🙂
I love the Produce for Kids Power Your Lunchbox Pledge (PYLP) because it makes me consciously think about the food choices I’m making for my son’s lunch and beyond everyday. I can choose to give him the quick and easy meals, OR I can provide him with the delicious nutrition his brain and body need to make First Grade amazing.
Plus, it’s a wonderful opportunity to give back at the same time. Crispy Green is one of the delicious sponsors this PYLP season, and these little packets of freeze dried apples are DIVINE for snacking! The perfect crisp of a chip and the simple sweetness of an apple, I knew I just had to use these in a recipe. And so, the Apple Chip Nachos Snack was born.
Apple Chip Nachos Recipe
Apple Chip Nachos Recipe
- 1 handful of freeze-dried apple chips, such as Crispy Green
- 1 TBSP Peanut Butter
- 1 TBSP Honey or Agave Nectar
- 1 TSP water
- Pecans chopped
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Place your apple chips on a plate.
- In small microwaveable bowl, combine your peanut butter and honey. Add a little bit of water, until smooth. Microwave on high for about 15 seconds, or until smoother and ready for drizzle
- Drizzle peanut butter mixture onto your apple chips. Sprinkle with pecans and coconut flakes. Top with raspberries
Take the Pledge & Donate $1 to Feeding America
Make the pledge this 2015-2016 school year and you can donate $1 to Feeding America! Here’s how:
- Head over to PowerYourLunchbox.com now through September 18, 2015.
- Take the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge to pack a healthier lunch.
- For every pledge, the PYLP Partners (GROW Bananas, Marie’s® Dressings, Crispy Green® and Pero Family Farms®) will donate $1 to Feeding America’s children’s programs such as Kids Café, Backpack program and Child Hunger Corps. (BONUS, you’ll get some great coupons too!)
- Show off your healthy lunchbox and WIN! Tag your healthy lunchbox with hashtag #PowerYourLunchbox on Instagram and Twitter to be automatically entered to win weekly prizes and have their lunchboxes featured on the Produce for Kids Facebook page. Prizes include Bentology boxes, grocery store gift cards and more.
- Feel empowered that you are creating healthier choices for your family AND for America’s kids!
The goal is set high for this year’s PYLP campaign, with 10,000 pledges. With 3,000 pledges made so far, I know that we can do more! More than just the pledge, the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge website is filled with tools and tips for your family this school season. Get information for eating healthier lunches, after-school snacks, and weekday dinners with recipes inspired by Eric Carle’s popular literary characters including The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Brown Bear, The Very Grouchy Ladybug and The Very Busy Spider. YUM!
I’ve taken my pledge to fill my son’s First Grade lunchbox with delicious, healthy and powerful foods for an amazing school year. And when he comes home, I have this delicious Apple Chip Nachos snack waiting for him too. Looking for more delicious lunchbox and snack ideas? Check out some of my most popular easy recipes:
Deborah D says
this looks & sounds so good.
This recipe looks so good! What a wonderful campaign.
debbie joann yoder says
These look good!
Lisa Coomer Queen says
This recipe looks yummy! Kids will love it. We started over the summer eating healthier choices. This year no junk at all and I will try to make new fun this like this! Thanks!
Elizabeth H. says
What a neat recipe!! Very creative!! They look great!!
Joanne Gregory says
These look delicious and healthy! I will have to give them a try next time I am tempted with chips!
belinda bell says
I love apples and these look so good
Julie Lundstrom says
These nachos are so different They look so yummy. My daughter would like this. I am going to make this..
rochelle haynes says
This looks good like to try this
Denise Taylor-Dennis says
Great recipe I love to include fresh fruit in my son’s lunch.
Dorothy Boucher says
this looks amazing and I am so glad to find recipes like this, I am sort of homeschooling one of my grandchildren so making something like this is going to be fun! with her 🙂
Debbie Welchert says
What a great recipe. I love that it is easy to make and doesn’t take a lot of time. I know my grandchildren will love it.
Joni Mason says
I pledge to power my grandson’s lunch box this year by fixing him more proteins, fruits and veggies for his lunch. This recipe is one he could have for breakfast, lunch or as a snack. Thanks for sharing!
Deborah W. says
The recipe sounds and looks so yummy! I will take the pledge also!
Linda Manns Linneman says
This sounds so good. What a great snack. Thank yo so much for sharing
Yum! I love apple chips, and this looks so delicious. I definitely need to give this a try. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Nataile Brown says
I love apple chips but would never had thought of making them nacho-like. The mixture of peanut butter, honey, and raspberries sounds delicious!
This looks yummy! I love the caramel drizzle on top.
Cynthia R says
I am a huge nachos fan but this is a totally new delicious looking twist!
Tami Vollenweider says
This would be a nice healthy snack for,an after dinner treat!!!