4th of July Party Ideas | DIY Popsicle Holder
This is one of my favorite times of the year. School is just about to end. The bathing suits are rolling out. Long sunny days are here to stay.
With 4th of July on the horizon, we are dreaming of fireworks, family summer get-togethers and of course, yummy food.
We have lots of hungry folks in our family, so having tasty and filling snacks are a MUST! In search of the perfect snacks for my 4th of July Family Party, I of course headed to Walmart for some Americana Inspiration. There I picked up the 12 pack Pepperoni HOT POCKETS® brand sandwiches, EDY’S® OUTSHINE® Fruit & Veggie Bars in Strawberry Rhubarb and EDY’S® OUTSHINE® Fruit Bars in Creamy Coconut for some festive and colorful Americana snacks! I mean how could you go wrong with cheesy HOT POCKETS® goodness and Frozen EDY’S® OUTSHINE® Bars on a hot 4th of July day?
HOT POCKETS® brand sandwiches are the perfect snack to fuel your summer day. Packed with premium meat and real cheese, HOT POCKETS® provide a great source of protein for your family. After a fun day of 4th of July festivities, cool down with EDY’S® OUTSHINE® Bars! Made with real fruit or fruit juice, you can enjoy all that summer has to offer with amazing flavor combinations, like the new Strawberry and Rhubarb Fruit & Veggie Bars! Shhh, don’t tell the kids that there’s veggies in there.
No party is complete without a FUN craft for the kiddos. So we made these easy DIY American Popsicle Holders for our EDY’S® OUTSHINE® Bars! Here’s how:
DIY Americana Popsicle Holder
What you will need:
- 6 Travel Cereal Boxes (0.95 oz each)
- Red Duct Tape – about 2 inches thick
- Blue & White Striped Washi Tape – about 3/4 inches thick
- White Star Foam Stickers
- Craft Knife
- Remove cereal contents from cereal boxes. Cut down the boxes to 1 1/4 inches in height using your craft knife (be sure to help out the kids with this step!). Cut small rectangular hole in bottom of box (this is where your popsicle stick will go through)
- Wrap cereal box in red duct tape. Be sure to cut and fold down excess edges to the inside and underneath portions of the box.
- Using Washi Tape, create festive designs around your popsicle holders. Be sure to get those kids’ creative juices flowing
- Add your crowning jewel White Foam Star Stickers to complete your holders.
- When ready, insert EDY’S® OUTSHINE® Bars through rectangular hole in bottom of your holder. You are ready to enjoy your DIY Americana inspired Popsicle Holder, perfect for catching all of those little drips!
We are celebrating all of the things we love about summer with our 4th of July inspired party! Great snacks, a festive craft and our beautiful family complete our summer fun! Get some more Summer Goodies inspiration by visiting www.flavorfulmoments.net
How is your family celebrating summer?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more family crafts, DIYs, reviews, giveaways and more.