13 Things I Want to Tell My Teething Baby at 3 am
My baby is Still. Not. Sleeping. Every night, she gets up at least once, almost always twice. And while I love her to the end of the earth….I need just a few minutes of sarcasm and humor to get me through this tough stage of life. And since I’m feeling a little “unlucky,” I thought the number 13 was appropriate.
1. You think teething is bad. Wait until you have a period every month.
2. Just wait until you’re a teenager
3. You know, I totally didn’t need that extra 4 hours of sleep. You’re right, I work better on only 3 hours and coffee.
4. I’m so glad you woke up to sing me a lullaby tonight. You’re so thoughtful
5. I’m sure that God is getting a good laugh right now
6. Yeah, I knew I had it too easy with my first. I definitely needed a challenge
7. So if you could tell your knifing teeth to stop knifing my sleep for a little while, that would be great.
8. Only 14 more teeth to go…no problem
9. Wouldn’t it be great if they made a baby sedative? Yeah, I know. We can dream.
10. You are the reason I have gray hair…and bags under my eyes…and wrinkles. Thanks.
11. Ok, I’m sorry I didn’t cuddle you enough today.
12. I won’t tell Daddy that you decided to sleep now. It’ll be our little secret.
13. Let’s make a deal…I’ll trade you 1 lollipop, 5 strawberries and a sugar cookie for an extra 2 hours of sleep.
What would you tell your baby at 3 am?
Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest YouTube for more of my mommy brain thoughts, humors takes on parenting and more.
Looking for more parenting tips? Check out these popular posts:
Laura B says
Too funny! My almost 7 month old just cut her first tooth today and knock on wood is doing ok. Though I hear it just gets worse with each new tooth, haha!