Own Disney’s Moana with the latest at-home release + tons of bonus features! Moana Blu-Ray is now available! This post is sponsored by Disney. All magical opinions are my own. May contain affiliate links.
“See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me!” If the sea is calling you too, it’s time to own Disney’s Moana! Moana Blu-Ray is now available – perfect for family movie nights, Easter baskets and kids’ gifts. Whether your love going behind-the-scenes of Disney animation, hunting for those elusive Disney Easter Eggs, or just wanting to get down those Maui-perfect dance moves, Moana Blu-Ray offers so much more than just a timeless classic movie. Check out 5 reasons why you need to own this Disney movie RIGHT NOW, including the full list of bonus features and more.
New Maui Mini-Movie “Gone Fishing” + Inner Workings
I’m addicted to Disney shorts. These mini-movies bring so much heart and story and visual greatness all compacted into a finite amount of time. Moana Blu-Ray not only has one but TWO shorts on this amazing combo pack! The new Maui Mini-Movie continues the fun relationship between Moana and Maui in a fun clip. And let’s not forget the amazingness that is Inner Workings. Definitely up there as a great Disney short, my kids continue to laugh again and again watching this one!
Must-Have Bonus Features
Love everything Disney Animation? Go behind-the-scenes with exclusive must-have bonus features, only found on the new Moana Blu-Ray!
- They Know the Way: Making the Music of “Moana” – Musicians Opetaia Foa‘I, Marc Mancina and Lin-Manuel Miranda take us on a personal journey through their involvement in the movie and how it changed their lives.
- Fishing for Easter Eggs – Dive deep into the ocean and fish for the Easter Eggs hidden by the animators at Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Voice of the Islands – An in-depth look at how Pacific Island people and cultures inspired the filmmakers to create the story of “Moana.”
- Things You Didn’t Know About …– Meet the stars of “Moana” in this dynamic Q&A featuring Dwayne Johnson, newcomer Auli‘i Cravalho, and famed animation directors Ron and John. Meet the stars of “Moana” in this dynamic Q&A featuring Dwayne Johnson, newcomer Auli‘i Cravalho, and famed animation directors Ron and John.
- Island Fashion – Find out how costume designer Neysa Bové took on the unique challenge of creating costumes using materials and techniques native to the islands of Oceania.
- The Elements of … – This series of four mini-docs explores the technical achievements behind some of the ground-breaking effects used in the film.
- Mini Maui – Meet “Mini Maui,” Maui’s tattoo sidekick. Animated by legendary hand-drawn animator Eric Goldberg, we explore how the 2D world collides with CG animation to bring the demigod’s tattoos to life.
- Water – In the movie, the ocean is a character. This piece explores how the water is given a personality, along with the technical feats of creating a believable ocean landscape farther than the eye can see.
- Lava – Te Kā is a creature made of lava, smoke and fire. This piece dives into the challenges of making an animated creature of massive scale brought to fiery life by character, technical and effects animators.
- Hair – One of the greatest technical achievements of the film was the animation of the beautiful, curly hair on Moana and Maui. Take a look at the hair-raising detail that goes into animating each strand, adding performance to the movie that has never been seen before.
- 7 Deleted Scenes – Race the Wind/Ties that Bind; Discussing Moana’s Future; Under the Sea; Grandmother’s Warning/Legend of Maui; Education of Moana; Father, Daughter, Boat; and Canoe Race.
- Music Video: “How Far I’ll Go” – Performed by Alessia Cara.
- “How Far I’ll Go Around the World” – Multi-language reel of the song “How Far I’ll Go.”
- Audio Commentary – With directors Ron and John.
Digital Copy for On The Go
Moana in the car? “You’re welcome!” At the grocery store? “You’re welcome!” Meltdown in the middle of Target? “You’re welcome!” Oh yes, I’ve been that mom. When your children are throwing a tantrum at the most inopportune time, Disney movies always save the day. And thanks to the new Moana Blu-Ray, I now have a copy of our family’s newest favorite anywhere we go. Won’t finish your broccoli? Moana digital copy can instantly fix that one. “You’re welcome.”
Every Song Is Belt Out Loud Worthy
Can we talk about the Moana soundtrack for a minute? The genius of Lin-Manual Miranda is astounding! With every song shower singing quality, you’re definitely going to want to Moana just for the amazing sing-along factor. And BONUS! The new Moana Blu-Ray includes the deleted song “Warrior Face,” with intro by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Owning a Timeless Disney Classic
Moana is one of those instant Disney classics that deserves a spot on the shelf next to The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Tangled. It’s a movie with a message that stays with you, culture and history that enriches you, with songs that get stuck in your head repeatedly (in a good way), and a story that my family enjoys watching again and again (yes, even 7 times in the last 3 days). My kids are thrilled to own Moana Blu-Ray. I know that your family will too. Haven’t seen Moana yet? Check out my Moana Movie Review for Parents and see if it’s “safe” for your little ones to see!
Moana is now available on Blu-Ray Combo Pack & DVD starting today, March 7th! Be sure to pick up a copy so you can belt out “How Far I’ll Go” too, all from the comforts of home. I am.
Are you excited to own Moana Blu-Ray?
This is an all-inclusive press trip, with post sponsored by Disney. Be sure to follow Raising Whasians via Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more Disney insider information, movie updates and entertainment!