Can you guess the secret ingredient in my Homemade Barbecue Sauce for my Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs? Find out how to make this delicious recipe as part of a Skittles® and Dollar General sponsored series for Socialstars™ #BUY2GET2
Homemade Barbecue Sauce with Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
Do you have your game face on? I’m cooking up delicious eats for The Big Game today, for your hungriest fans. This easy to make Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs will have the crowd cheering loud for the home team at your next party. And what’s the secret to amazing ribs? It’s all in the sauce! And today, I’ve got a super Super SUPER secret ingredient for the perfect sweet and tangy homemade barbecue sauce. Can you smell the touchdown worthy recipe yet? Grab my secret to Game Day party success and get ready for the most unique and awesome barbecue sauce for your football party!
Ready for the secret ingredient? Skittles®! I know, I know. Before you think I’ve gone completely mental…hear me out! Your favorite Skittles® candy provides the sweetness of this homemade barbecue sauce. With a hint of fruit combined with the savory goodness of ribs, you seriously cannot go wrong. I’ve had multiple people try out this sauce, and the results are ALWAYS delicious! So try something “colorful” and new with your homemade BBQ for the most unique fall-off-the-bone ribs recipe yet! Here’s how to make it:
- ¼ cup Skittles®
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper
- 1 rack of ribs
- Place Skittles® in resealable bag. Using rolling pin or meat mallet, crush Skittles as small as possible.
- In small/medium saucepan, combine all ingredients (except ribs) over low heat. Add crushed Skittles®. Stir constantly, until heated through and Skittles are completely melted. Remove from heat.
- In slow cooker, arrange ribs, bending if necessary to fit. Pour barbecue sauce over the ribs, basting to coat all areas of the meat.
- Cover, heat on low 6-8 hours, basting occasionally, until meat is cooked through. Serve warm.
Can we say finger licking good? These ribs are perfection for eating during the game. Your football fans are going to LOVE this! Plus with little work (I even made the sauce the night before for easier prep), you can concentrate on the plays and not the cooking!
Ready to try this delicious Skittles® barbecue sauce for yourself? Stock up on Skittles® right now at Dollar General with an amazing Buy 2 Get 2 deal! Save on your favorite sweet treats for snacking AND for making this homemade barbecue sauce and slow cooker ribs! YUM!
You have to admit, making homemade Skittles® barbecue sauce is very intriguing, especially with results like this! So grab your friends for Game Day and the most delicious and unique Homemade Barbecue Sauce with Slow Cooker Ribs for a touchdown of a good time.