BEST Meatloaf Recipe EVER with Hidden Veggies
Today is the day. I’m sharing my coveted BEST Meatloaf Recipe EVER. What makes this recipe so great? Not only does this meatloaf come out super moist and flavorful, but see that glaze on top? You will never need ketchup for this dish! And with hidden veggies inside, those kids won’t suspect that you gave them anything BUT deliciousness 🙂 Be sure to “pin” and bookmark this recipe! Here’s how to make it:
Who’s hungry? Meatloaf is always a big crowd pleasing meal. And when you add in those hidden veggies – even better, am I right? Moms rejoice!
- (1) lb. of ground beef
- (12) Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (I use a food processor)
- (1) zucchini, finely chopped (I use a food processor)
- (1) carrot, finely chopped (I use a food processor)
- 8 oz. of pasta sauce, divided (I use the parmesan cheese one)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix meat, crackers, onion, zucchini, carrot, salt, pepper, egg whites, and 1/2 cup of pasta sauce. Form into loaf and place in a standard (8.5 x 4.5) loaf pan.
3. Mix 1/2 cup of pasta sauce, vinegar, dry mustard, and brown sugar. Pour over top of your meatloaf. (This is your glaze)
4. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until meat is done. Makes 1 loaf pan (about 4-6 servings)
The kids really enjoy this dish. And I can relax knowing they’re getting some of their veggies in for the day…no complaints! 🙂
Did you make this dish? Let me know in the comments! Need more family-friendly recipe ideas? Check out my recipe tab for more inspiration!
Looking for more delicious recipe inspiration? Here are some of my popular recipe posts: