Crockpot Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
Want a delicious homemade soup without the work? Make this Crockpot Creamy Potato Soup, just like home!
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots finely chopped
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 3 1/2 lbs. of russet potatoes peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of whole milk such as DairyPure
- 2 TBSP flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Place onion, celery, carrots, garlic, potatoes and chicken broth in crockpot. Heat over HIGH heat for about 4-6 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender.
In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and flour until well combined. Pour into crockpot and stir.
Heat on HIGH 30 minutes- 60 minutes or until hot (make sure to watch so the milk doesn't curdle).
Remove about half of the potatoes and blend in blender until smooth. Return to soup.
Serve warm, with toppings if desired.