Easy Fajita Stuffed Avocados Recipe
Quick and healthy weeknight meal idea, perfect for busy families!
- 1 sweet onion (like RealSweet® Sweet Onions), chopped
- 8 oz. bag of mini sweet peppers (like Pero Family Farms® Mini Sweet Peppers), chopped
- 8 oz. leftover rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 oz. fajita seasoning
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 4 avocados (like Mission Avocado), ripened
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped - OPTIONAL
In medium bowl, mix together onion, peppers, chicken, fajita seasoning and olive oil. Stir to coat evenly.
Heat fajita mixture in saute pan on medium heat. Stir frequently until peppers are soft and onions are translucent. Turn off heat.
Cut avocados lengthwise in half. Remove seed. Scoop out some of the avocado (if desired) to hold your fajita mixture.
Stuff avocado with fajita mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro (if desired). Serve warm.