Crock Pot Squash Casserole Recipe with Wilton Armetale
Delicious Fall Side Dish for those that love that home cooked comfort food. Perfect for Thanksgiving, company, or just an excuse to enjoy the flavors of the season
- 3 lbs. of squash acorn or butternut, peeled and de-seeded, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cans 10.75 oz of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 3 carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 cup of sweet onion finely diced
- 2 cups of herb stuffing mix
- 15 Ritz crackers finely crushed
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Flash boil the squash on the stove in a small amount of water for about 3-5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, butter, carrots, onion and stuffing mix. Add squash and fold in.
Pour into greased crock pot. Top with crushed Ritz Crackers.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours, or until squash is tender.
Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Cook for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.