Easy Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
I am a pasta fanatic and so are my kids! I love my simple Spaghetti Casserole Recipe because it makes quite a bit of food for a very low budget! Great for leftover night too 🙂 Here’s how:
- (1) 16 oz. box of pasta (I use Angel Hair, Penne, Bow Tie, Elbows for my go-tos) – I buy on sale as low as $0.25-$0.50
- (1) lb. of Ground Beef – about $4
- (1) 26 oz. jar of your fave red pasta sauce – about $1 on sale
- (1) Green Pepper, diced – $0.75
- (1) Small Onion, Diced – $0.75
- (1) Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- (1) Teaspoon Oregano
- (1) Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- (5) Eggs, divided – about $1 or less
- (2) Cups of Shredded Mozzarella or 5-Italian Cheese, divided – about $2.50 or less per bag
TOTAL Cost: less than $12 for up to 12 servings (that’s $1 per meal!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.. In medium bowl, combine Ground Beef, Green Pepper, Onion, Seasoned Salt, Garlic, Oregano and 1 Egg until well mixed. Press evenly into bottom of 9×13 dish.
3. Take half of pasta sauce jar (13 oz) and pour over meat layer. Spread evenly.
4. In large bowl, beat 4 eggs and 1 cup of cheese with whisk.
5. Cook pasta according to package. Drain and add to egg and cheese mixture. Toss until well coated.
6. Spread evenly over top of 9×13 pan. Top with shredded cheese.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until meat is fully cooked (165 degrees F)
The pan will be HEAVY, so be prepared! But this makes a ton of food and is definitely one of my go-tos for a large crowd! Serve with sprinkle parmesan cheese. YUM 🙂
Did you enjoy this dish? Let me know! Need more simple family recipe ideas? Check out my recipe tab for more inspiration!