The holidays means time for parties and get-togethers. There’s an easy way to have warm and toasty thoughts this winter. Try the new Tropical Island Chex Mix Recipe! Filled with all of the warm tropical flavors you love, you’re sure to be island dreaming with this great snack on-hand. The folks over at General Mills were so generous to give me the supplies to make this FUN and delicious snack! I love that the recipe is completely gluten-free too and would make a festive addition to your holiday party or anytime. Here’s how:
- 8 – cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 – cup shredded coconut, if desired
- 1 – cup dried banana chips
- 1 – package (7 oz) dried tropical fruit mix
- 1 – jar (3 oz) macadamia nuts
- 3 – tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 – cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 – cup frozen (thawed) pineapple or orange juice concentrate
- In a large microwaveable bowl, mix cereal, coconut, banana chips, tropical fruit mix and nuts.
- In microwaveable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar and pineapple juice concentrate.
- Microwave uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until hot; stir.
- Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until mixture begins to brown.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.
What do you think? YUM, right? My hubby was overjoyed to get such a special snack made for him! Bright colorful and sweet flavors definitely had his tastebuds dancing. The macadamia nuts were a treat!
- 14.25oz Chocolate Chex
- 13.75oz Apple Cinn Chex
- 13.5oz Cinn Chex
- 14oz Corn Chex
- 13.8oz Honey Nut Chex
- 12.8oz Rice Chex
- 14oz Wheat Chex
- 13.5oz Vanilla Chex
Grab your coupons for a great stack deal!
as low as $0.85 each after coupon stack
We love the new Tropical Island Chex Mix Recipe and will be stashing for our next party!
Looking for more?
Disclosure ~ All posts may contain affiliate links. I received free products from General Mills and recipe in exchange for this post, in partnership with Publix & Platefull Co-Op. No other compensation received. Though the products are free, the opinions are 100% my own!