The holidays means time for parties and get-togethers. There’s an easy way to have warm and toasty thoughts this winter. Try the new Tropical Island Chex Mix Recipe! Filled with all of the warm tropical flavors you love, you’re sure to be island dreaming with this great snack on-hand. The folks over at General Mills were so generous to give me the supplies to make this FUN and delicious snack! I love that the recipe is completely gluten-free too and would make a festive addition to your holiday party or anytime. Here’s how:
- 8 – cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 – cup shredded coconut, if desired
- 1 – cup dried banana chips
- 1 – package (7 oz) dried tropical fruit mix
- 1 – jar (3 oz) macadamia nuts
- 3 – tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 – cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 – cup frozen (thawed) pineapple or orange juice concentrate
- In a large microwaveable bowl, mix cereal, coconut, banana chips, tropical fruit mix and nuts.
- In microwaveable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar and pineapple juice concentrate.
- Microwave uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until hot; stir.
- Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until mixture begins to brown.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.
What do you think? YUM, right? My hubby was overjoyed to get such a special snack made for him! Bright colorful and sweet flavors definitely had his tastebuds dancing. The macadamia nuts were a treat!
- 14.25oz Chocolate Chex
- 13.75oz Apple Cinn Chex
- 13.5oz Cinn Chex
- 14oz Corn Chex
- 13.8oz Honey Nut Chex
- 12.8oz Rice Chex
- 14oz Wheat Chex
- 13.5oz Vanilla Chex
Grab your coupons for a great stack deal!
as low as $0.85 each after coupon stack
We love the new Tropical Island Chex Mix Recipe and will be stashing for our next party!
Looking for more?
Disclosure ~ All posts may contain affiliate links. I received free products from General Mills and recipe in exchange for this post, in partnership with Publix & Platefull Co-Op. No other compensation received. Though the products are free, the opinions are 100% my own!
Christmas Ornament Popcorn Ball Recipe
Here’s a FUN recipe to do with the kids! I love Christmas ornaments AND I love popcorn! So here’s a cute recipe to make Christmas ornament popcorn balls. These would make cute teacher gifts! 🙂
- 1 Bag of Microwaveable Popcorn – Popped (I used JOLLY TIME)
- 1 Bag of Large Marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons Butter/Margarine
- 2 Small Candy Canes
- 2 Small Chocolate Bars (minis or pieces from large bar)
- Red Colored Crystallized Sprinkles
- 1 Popcorn Ball Maker
1. Melt butter/margarine in large saucepan over low/medium low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Add popped popcorn and stir until completely coated. Remove from heat.
2. Place half of coated popcorn in greased popcorn ball maker. Crush until sphere is formed. Let cool. Repeat with second half of popcorn.
3. Place popcorn ball in dish coated with sprinkles. Roll ball through sprinkles until completely coated.
4. Melt chocolate bars in microwave (about 10-20 seconds) or until just soft enough to gently twist candy cane into center of the bar (without breaking). I personally did 10 seconds, than 5 second increments until I could easily place cane in center. Stick chocolate bar on top of the popcorn ball and let cool.
Makes about 2.
VOILA! Wrap in cellophane for a great gift idea. I think teachers would love this unique and homemade gift. My son LOVED helping to make this. He basically did all of the work himself 🙂
Looking for more?
We know that you’re busy. Planning meals for the family takes precious time (and money) that many families do NOT have. Coming up with an easy solution to planning, buying and cooking meals for your family every week has become EMeals mission. I’m so excited to share EMeals’ easy meal planning system with you.
EMeals makes it easy to plan, buy and eat home cooked meals every week! Check out how this system works:
I LOVE that EMeals coordinates the recipes to match with the BEST deals at your store that week. And yes, Publix is included! I admit that while I LOVE to cook, planning for meals for my family of 4 every week gets tiring! There’s so much time and effort that goes into a menu (including my coupon matchups) that I easily get burned out of the same meals. With EMeals, I have the power of my menu at my fingertips, all based on the way my family eats and how much I save at the store.
EMeals has been praised by some highly rated folks, including David Ramsey, Oprah, The New York Times and more.
There’s 13 great menu plans for every family, including clean eating, gluten-free, slow cooker, natural/organic, and more. My favorite part? If you’re not happy with the menu that week, you can switch your plan! Once registered, you can easily switch back and forth between meal plans to find the best recipes for your family that week! For about $5 per month, you can’t beat the time and money you can save with EMeals. And let’s talk deliciousness!!
This past week, I made Turkey Burgers…in the crockpot! Yes, I chose the Slow Cooker classic meal plan and got this yummy recipe for Crockpot Turkey Burgers. Here’s how you make them 🙂
- 1.5 lb. Ground Turkey (about $4.30)
- 1 Cup Italian Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs (as low as $0.75 each when BOGO)
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
- Tin Foil
- 6 Toasted Rolls
- Assorted Toppings as desired
TOTAL = about $7 for 6 servings. WOW!
Right now, you can grab 30% off with the EMeals Cyber Sale! Just use code CYBER (expires 12/10/13). Use code DINNER15 after 12/10/13 to save 15% 🙂
EMeals is a great way to save money, time and sanity in the kitchen! By easily planning your recipes and shopping lists, EMeals has your family covered for wonderful home cooked meals at the fraction of the price. Our meals are no longer boring in our house thanks to the deliciousness of EMeals!
Pompeian 100% Grapseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray Review + Easy Grilled Potatoes Recipe
I love cooking at home! Living in Florida, grilling is a HUGE part of our weekly meals. Having the right ingredients makes the difference in a fabulous grilled meal. When I received the new Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray, I knew I had a quality product in my hand. We had to test this spray out on our favorite grilled potatoes recipe!
What makes Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray different? This spray is specially formulated with a high smoke point, which makes it perfect for stir-frying, sauteing and grilling. That’s right, you use this amazing spray INSTEAD of oil! And with NO additives, trans fat, cholesterol, calories or preservatives, this spray makes it easy to get to a healthier YOU!
The folks at Pompeian and Smiley360 are so excited about the new Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray, they’re offering a great giveaway where YOU can win a $200 giftcard! Just complete the survey in the link below for your chance to win!
We love adding potatoes to the grill when we cook out. The grilled flavor really sets in nicely and makes a great side to our grilled meats. With only a few simple ingredients, you’ll be surprised how tasty this side dish is. Here’s our family recipe for easy grilled potatoes!
1. Spray Tin Foil pieces with Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray on one side.
2. Mix ingredients together, mist the top of the potatoes with Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray
3. Enclose the potato mixture between the 2 sprayed pieces of tin foil (creating a sealed packet). Fold over edges to seal.
4. Grill on Medium/High heat for about 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Looking to get this new Cooking Spray from Pompeian? Grab your $1 off coupon for some great savings! Stay social. Be sure to follow Pompeian on facebook for new product updates, special offers and more!
Hope you enjoy Saving delicious moments with your family and this easy Grilled Potatoes recipe!
Looking for more?
Disclosure ~ I received a free product from Pompeian and Smiley360 to conduct this review. No other compensation received. Though the product is free, the opinions are 100% my own! You can join Smiley360 HERE to get free products to test!
This recipe came about this past Thanksgiving because A) I needed a vegan low-sugar pie option for my diabetic grandmother to enjoy this Thanksgiving and B) because I didn’t have all of the supplies for the original recipe I wanted to use 🙂
Here’s how to make:
1 Cup Pecans
1 Cup Raw Almonds
15 Pitted Dates
1 1/2 Cups Lightly Salted Cashews – soaked for 2-3 hours then drained
1 1/2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
1/2 Teaspoon Liquid Stevia
1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves)
1. Using a food processor, blend together the pecans, raw almonds and pitted dates (becomes a very coarse sticky paste). I personally found it easier to blend the nuts first, then add in the dates. Press into bottom of pie plate
2. Puree lightly salted cashews, pumpkin, coconut oil, agave and stevia in blender or food processor until the ingredients are silky smooth. Pour into pie crust.
3. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (over overnight) to harden. Slice and serve. Serves 8-10.
I must say that even my skeptical husband said that he thoroughly enjoyed this pie! Great for holidays!
Easy Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Easy Crockpot Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! With so many items being prepared on the stove and in the oven, here’s a simple recipe for a homemade cranberry sauce that can be made right in your crock pot! Get the taste of homemade without all of the hard work and prep 🙂
- 4 Pork Chops – fat removed (I use pork loins) -I buy at $3.99/lb or less – under $5
- 1 Egg – beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Milk
- 2 TBSP Butter/Margarine – melted
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Cup of Dry Stuffing Mix (herb, chicken, etc.) – crushed (HINT ~ I use the food processor) – $0.99 per box on sale
TOTAL = about $1.50 per serving
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Coat bottom of 9.x13 pan with melted butter. (This is an instance where you do NOT use cooking spray instead of butter)
3. Combine beaten egg, milk and pepper in small bowl. Coat each pork chop with egg mixture. Shake off excess. Coat pork chops with crushed stuffing.
4. Place pork chops in pan. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Turn pork chops over and place back in pan. Bake another 10 minutes or until done (170 degrees via meat thermometer).
Enjoy saving (and savory) family moments said simply 🙂
Here’s a fantastic family pleasing recipe with only 6 ingredients. My family loves gobbling up this meal! The chicken stays moist and dinner gets on the table quickly! And you can jazz it up with quality cold cuts too. Here’s how to make this family fave!
3 Slices of Ham (I bought deli ham at $7.99/lb. – about $1.30 for 3 slices) – cut in half
6 Slices of Swiss Cheese (about $2.50 or less per package)- cut in half
1 Egg, Beaten
1-2 Cups of Italian Bread Crumbs
TOTAL = about $8 for 6 servings (or $1.33 per serving)
1. Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees
2. Prep – this is the biggest step. Since you’ll be working with raw chicken and other ingredients, it’s best to have the ingredients set up in easy arm’s reach.
3. Dip chicken in beaten egg. Shake off excess. Then dip into breadcrumbs. Shake off excess.
4. Place cheese slice and ham slice on top of the chicken. Roll into a circle. Secure with toothpicks.
5. Spray shallow 13×9 pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in shallow baking dish. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes. Flip chicken so cooked side is down and bake again for another 15-20 minutes until cooked through, or until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
Can we say yumm-o? I love melted cheese on just about anything. The egg keeps the chicken from drying out during cooking, which is a huge plus for this mommy (Chicken and I tend to fight a lot).
Hope this was Cooking Said Simply! I’d love for you to pin, make and come back and tell me if you loved it!