Cooking Said Simply – Easy Crockpot Meatballs Recipe
- (2) 14 oz. Bag of Frozen Meatballs – I buy when BOGO at Publix for $4.99 for 2
- (1) bottle of your fave BBQ Sauce – I use whatever is BOGO as well – about $0.75
- (1) 22 oz. bottle/Jar of Concord Grape Jelly (Yup, you guessed it. BOGO) – about $0.80
TOTAL: Less than $7 for A LOT of meatball goodness! Be sure to have a few eaters 🙂
1. Place Frozen Meatballs in Crock Pot
2. Mix together BBQ Sauce & Jelly. Pour over Meatballs. Stir to coat.
3. Heat on High 2-3 Hours or Low 4-6 Hours. Be sure to stir occasionally to baste.
Love this recipe? Check out my EASY Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Recipe and 5 Minute Crockpot Roast and Gravy Recipe and visit my recipe tab for more easy family recipes!
These are HUGE crowd pleasers for every party we have! Want to make into a meal? Place in hoagie rolls and sprinkle with cheese!
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe #CartonSmart #sponsored
The holidays are a great time for cooking and baking. I love making delicious homemade goodies for my family, friends and neighbors, like my Pumkin Cranberry Bread! But all of those foods can lead to a large amount of waste. Tin cans and packaging accumulate quickly in our landfills this time of year. Wouldn’t it be great this holiday season to give a gift to our planet?
Thanks to Tetra Pak, I received a bunch of Pacific Foods organic foods to swap with my traditional holiday baking/cooking foods. Packed in Tetra Pak cartons, I was blessed with chicken stock, cranberry sauce and pumpkin puree. I love that these cartons are not only helping our environment, but also helping my pantry as well! These cartons take up less space in my food storage, leftovers can easily be stored in the fridge, and cartons are easily crush-able for recycling day. Win-Win!
I love using pumpkin, so here’s my recipe for Pumpkin White Chocolate Cranberry Bread. YUM!
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2.5 TSP Cinamon
- 1 TSP Ginger
- 1/2 TSP Cloves
- 2 TSP. Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 TSP Salt
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tetra Pak Carton of Pumpkin (16 oz.)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce (unflavored, naturally sweetened)
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 1/4 Cups Fresh Cranberries
- 1 1/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips (my secret ingredient)
- Pre-Bake Oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and Flour (2) 9×5 Loaf Pans
- Combine flous, spices, soda and salt in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and orange juice. Beat until just blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to the flous mixture. Beat until blended.
- Fold in Cranberries
- Spoon into pans evenly. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow loaves to cool completely.
Store in air tight container or freeze for later use. Makes 2 loaves.
Tetra Pak Cartons are the smart holiday choice for your pantry needs:
- Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
- Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg!
- Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open. Keep your pantry neat and toss your can openers. , stackable and space saving.
- The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives.Product quality is exactly the way it was intended to be.
- Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans
- Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later.
Check out this great infographic with more great tips and facts on Tetra Pak Cartons.
With Tetra Pak, you can be sure that you’re receiving the highest quality products and foods, without preservatives! There’s no tin taste (since there’s no tin cans!). And my favorite is that cartons take up to 60% less waste! So make the Carton Smart choice this holiday season and switch to Tetra Pak Cartons for your holiday cooking and baking needs.
The holidays means time for parties and get-togethers. There’s an easy way to have warm and toasty thoughts this winter. Try the new Tropical Island Chex Mix Recipe! Filled with all of the warm tropical flavors you love, you’re sure to be island dreaming with this great snack on-hand. The folks over at General Mills were so generous to give me the supplies to make this FUN and delicious snack! I love that the recipe is completely gluten-free too and would make a festive addition to your holiday party or anytime. Here’s how:
- 8 – cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 – cup shredded coconut, if desired
- 1 – cup dried banana chips
- 1 – package (7 oz) dried tropical fruit mix
- 1 – jar (3 oz) macadamia nuts
- 3 – tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 – cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 – cup frozen (thawed) pineapple or orange juice concentrate
- In a large microwaveable bowl, mix cereal, coconut, banana chips, tropical fruit mix and nuts.
- In microwaveable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar and pineapple juice concentrate.
- Microwave uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until hot; stir.
- Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until mixture begins to brown.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.
What do you think? YUM, right? My hubby was overjoyed to get such a special snack made for him! Bright colorful and sweet flavors definitely had his tastebuds dancing. The macadamia nuts were a treat!
- 14.25oz Chocolate Chex
- 13.75oz Apple Cinn Chex
- 13.5oz Cinn Chex
- 14oz Corn Chex
- 13.8oz Honey Nut Chex
- 12.8oz Rice Chex
- 14oz Wheat Chex
- 13.5oz Vanilla Chex
Grab your coupons for a great stack deal!
as low as $0.85 each after coupon stack
We love the new Tropical Island Chex Mix Recipe and will be stashing for our next party!
Looking for more?
Disclosure ~ All posts may contain affiliate links. I received free products from General Mills and recipe in exchange for this post, in partnership with Publix & Platefull Co-Op. No other compensation received. Though the products are free, the opinions are 100% my own!
Christmas Ornament Popcorn Ball Recipe
Here’s a FUN recipe to do with the kids! I love Christmas ornaments AND I love popcorn! So here’s a cute recipe to make Christmas ornament popcorn balls. These would make cute teacher gifts! 🙂
- 1 Bag of Microwaveable Popcorn – Popped (I used JOLLY TIME)
- 1 Bag of Large Marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons Butter/Margarine
- 2 Small Candy Canes
- 2 Small Chocolate Bars (minis or pieces from large bar)
- Red Colored Crystallized Sprinkles
- 1 Popcorn Ball Maker
1. Melt butter/margarine in large saucepan over low/medium low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Add popped popcorn and stir until completely coated. Remove from heat.
2. Place half of coated popcorn in greased popcorn ball maker. Crush until sphere is formed. Let cool. Repeat with second half of popcorn.
3. Place popcorn ball in dish coated with sprinkles. Roll ball through sprinkles until completely coated.
4. Melt chocolate bars in microwave (about 10-20 seconds) or until just soft enough to gently twist candy cane into center of the bar (without breaking). I personally did 10 seconds, than 5 second increments until I could easily place cane in center. Stick chocolate bar on top of the popcorn ball and let cool.
Makes about 2.
VOILA! Wrap in cellophane for a great gift idea. I think teachers would love this unique and homemade gift. My son LOVED helping to make this. He basically did all of the work himself 🙂
Looking for more?
We know that you’re busy. Planning meals for the family takes precious time (and money) that many families do NOT have. Coming up with an easy solution to planning, buying and cooking meals for your family every week has become EMeals mission. I’m so excited to share EMeals’ easy meal planning system with you.
EMeals makes it easy to plan, buy and eat home cooked meals every week! Check out how this system works:
I LOVE that EMeals coordinates the recipes to match with the BEST deals at your store that week. And yes, Publix is included! I admit that while I LOVE to cook, planning for meals for my family of 4 every week gets tiring! There’s so much time and effort that goes into a menu (including my coupon matchups) that I easily get burned out of the same meals. With EMeals, I have the power of my menu at my fingertips, all based on the way my family eats and how much I save at the store.
EMeals has been praised by some highly rated folks, including David Ramsey, Oprah, The New York Times and more.
There’s 13 great menu plans for every family, including clean eating, gluten-free, slow cooker, natural/organic, and more. My favorite part? If you’re not happy with the menu that week, you can switch your plan! Once registered, you can easily switch back and forth between meal plans to find the best recipes for your family that week! For about $5 per month, you can’t beat the time and money you can save with EMeals. And let’s talk deliciousness!!
This past week, I made Turkey Burgers…in the crockpot! Yes, I chose the Slow Cooker classic meal plan and got this yummy recipe for Crockpot Turkey Burgers. Here’s how you make them 🙂
- 1.5 lb. Ground Turkey (about $4.30)
- 1 Cup Italian Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs (as low as $0.75 each when BOGO)
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
- Tin Foil
- 6 Toasted Rolls
- Assorted Toppings as desired
TOTAL = about $7 for 6 servings. WOW!
Right now, you can grab 30% off with the EMeals Cyber Sale! Just use code CYBER (expires 12/10/13). Use code DINNER15 after 12/10/13 to save 15% 🙂
EMeals is a great way to save money, time and sanity in the kitchen! By easily planning your recipes and shopping lists, EMeals has your family covered for wonderful home cooked meals at the fraction of the price. Our meals are no longer boring in our house thanks to the deliciousness of EMeals!
Pompeian 100% Grapseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray Review + Easy Grilled Potatoes Recipe
I love cooking at home! Living in Florida, grilling is a HUGE part of our weekly meals. Having the right ingredients makes the difference in a fabulous grilled meal. When I received the new Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray, I knew I had a quality product in my hand. We had to test this spray out on our favorite grilled potatoes recipe!
What makes Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray different? This spray is specially formulated with a high smoke point, which makes it perfect for stir-frying, sauteing and grilling. That’s right, you use this amazing spray INSTEAD of oil! And with NO additives, trans fat, cholesterol, calories or preservatives, this spray makes it easy to get to a healthier YOU!
The folks at Pompeian and Smiley360 are so excited about the new Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray, they’re offering a great giveaway where YOU can win a $200 giftcard! Just complete the survey in the link below for your chance to win!
We love adding potatoes to the grill when we cook out. The grilled flavor really sets in nicely and makes a great side to our grilled meats. With only a few simple ingredients, you’ll be surprised how tasty this side dish is. Here’s our family recipe for easy grilled potatoes!
1. Spray Tin Foil pieces with Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray on one side.
2. Mix ingredients together, mist the top of the potatoes with Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil All-Natural Cooking Spray
3. Enclose the potato mixture between the 2 sprayed pieces of tin foil (creating a sealed packet). Fold over edges to seal.
4. Grill on Medium/High heat for about 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Looking to get this new Cooking Spray from Pompeian? Grab your $1 off coupon for some great savings! Stay social. Be sure to follow Pompeian on facebook for new product updates, special offers and more!
Hope you enjoy Saving delicious moments with your family and this easy Grilled Potatoes recipe!
Looking for more?
Disclosure ~ I received a free product from Pompeian and Smiley360 to conduct this review. No other compensation received. Though the product is free, the opinions are 100% my own! You can join Smiley360 HERE to get free products to test!
This recipe came about this past Thanksgiving because A) I needed a vegan low-sugar pie option for my diabetic grandmother to enjoy this Thanksgiving and B) because I didn’t have all of the supplies for the original recipe I wanted to use 🙂
Here’s how to make:
1 Cup Pecans
1 Cup Raw Almonds
15 Pitted Dates
1 1/2 Cups Lightly Salted Cashews – soaked for 2-3 hours then drained
1 1/2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
1/2 Teaspoon Liquid Stevia
1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves)
1. Using a food processor, blend together the pecans, raw almonds and pitted dates (becomes a very coarse sticky paste). I personally found it easier to blend the nuts first, then add in the dates. Press into bottom of pie plate
2. Puree lightly salted cashews, pumpkin, coconut oil, agave and stevia in blender or food processor until the ingredients are silky smooth. Pour into pie crust.
3. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (over overnight) to harden. Slice and serve. Serves 8-10.
I must say that even my skeptical husband said that he thoroughly enjoyed this pie! Great for holidays!
Easy Crockpot Stuffed Peppers Recipe