I am a pasta fanatic and so are my kids! I love my simple Spaghetti Casserole Recipe because it makes quite a bit of food for a very low budget! Great for leftover night too 🙂 Here’s how:
- (1) 16 oz. box of pasta (I use Angel Hair, Penne, Bow Tie, Elbows for my go-tos) – I buy on sale as low as $0.25-$0.50
- (1) lb. of Ground Beef – about $4
- (1) 26 oz. jar of your fave red pasta sauce – about $1 on sale
- (1) Green Pepper, diced – $0.75
- (1) Small Onion, Diced – $0.75
- (1) Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- (1) Teaspoon Oregano
- (1) Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- (5) Eggs, divided – about $1 or less
- (2) Cups of Shredded Mozzarella or 5-Italian Cheese, divided – about $2.50 or less per bag
TOTAL Cost: less than $12 for up to 12 servings (that’s $1 per meal!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.. In medium bowl, combine Ground Beef, Green Pepper, Onion, Seasoned Salt, Garlic, Oregano and 1 Egg until well mixed. Press evenly into bottom of 9×13 dish.
3. Take half of pasta sauce jar (13 oz) and pour over meat layer. Spread evenly.
4. In large bowl, beat 4 eggs and 1 cup of cheese with whisk.
5. Cook pasta according to package. Drain and add to egg and cheese mixture. Toss until well coated.
6. Spread evenly over top of 9×13 pan. Top with shredded cheese.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until meat is fully cooked (165 degrees F)
The pan will be HEAVY, so be prepared! But this makes a ton of food and is definitely one of my go-tos for a large crowd! Serve with sprinkle parmesan cheese. YUM 🙂
Did you enjoy this dish? Let me know! Need more simple family recipe ideas? Check out my recipe tab for more inspiration!
It’s cold outside, and at this time of year, I love a warm bowl of chili! Not having hours to slave at the stove, I came up with this simple chili recipe with a mild sweet pepper taste. Delicious for the whole family and easy to make! Here’s how:
- 2 lb. ground beef
- (2) 14.5 oz. cans of red kidney or pinto beans, drained – on sale for under $1 each
- (1) 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes, UNdrained – on sale as low as $1
- about (10) mini sweet peppers, de-seeded and diced
- (1) onion, diced
- 1/2 TSP. of black pepper
- 1 TSP. of dried basil, crushed
- 3 TBSP. of chili powder
TOTAL = about $15 to feed about 8 🙂
1. In large Dutch Oven, brown ground beef with diced onion and diced sweet peppers. Drain fat.
2. Add beans, diced tomatoes, and spices. Stir well. Turn heat to high until mixture comes to a boil. Simmer covered on low for 2 hours.
***Mommy Make Ahead Tip: Pre-dice your veggies the night before or an even faster prep!
I love that this chili has the sweet pepper taste and all of the flavor of chili, but I can still play with my kids and get my mommy duties done while everything is simmering. That’s multi-tasking!
Need more simple recipe ideas? Check out my recipe tab for more inspiration!
We’re gearing up for the BIG football day, so what better than some great nachos that are not only a crowd pleaser, but looks amazing too! Wholly Guacamole is ready for the finale of the #HOMEGATING season with their delicious guacamoles and salsas. I am super excited to share my Ultimate Nachos Sundae Recipe made with Wholly Guacamole so you can wow your nachos lovers!
- (1) Package of Wholly Guacamole – I used Classic
- (1) Package of Wholly Guacamole Salsa – I used Classic Hot
- (1) Package of Wholly Guacamole Avocado, Black Bean & Roasted Corn Salsa
- (1) Family Size Bag of Corn Tortilla Chips
- (1) 14.5 oz. Can of Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
- (1) 15 oz. Can of Black Beans, drained
- (1) lb. of Ground Beef
- (1) Envelope of Taco Seasoning
- (1) 8 oz. Package of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- (1) Container of Sour Cream
- (1) Small Tomato, chopped
1. Freeze Salsa and Guacamole in freezer about 1-2 hours before prep.
2. Brown Ground Beef in large pan over medium heat. Drain fat.
3. Add Taco Seasoning & cook according to Taco Seasoning directions (usually adding water). Set aside.
4. Layer Tortilla Chips in large cookie sheet. Top with corn, black beans and seasoned ground beef. Top with cheese. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
5. In large serving dish, layer your chip mixture.
6. Remove Salsa and Guacamole from freezer. Using ice cream scoop, top your nachos with large scoops of the Wholly Guacamole Salsa, Guacamole and Avocado, Black Bean & Roasted Corn Salsa. Top with dollops of sour cream. Crown your sundaes with tomato.
Wanna go meatless? Use Veggie Crumbles, Tofu, or just flavored beans!
You can say this hefty batch of nachos was consumed in a few minutes! It was a huge hit at our recent football party!
Enjoy sharing (or not sharing) this yummy Ultimate Nachos Sundae Recipe!
You can grab more inspiring HOMEGATING Recipes, Coupons and Tips from Wholly Guacamole to get ready for the Big Game! Chef Nathan Lippy has cooked up some amazing appetizers, entrees, sides, desserts and more with beautiful pictures, full recipes and even how-to videos. Follow Wholly Guacamole on Facebook & Twitter and use hashtag #HOMEGATING to get into the conversation!
What’s your favorite Game Time Munchie?
Disclosure ~ I received free products from Wholly Guacamole to conduct this review. No other compensation received. Though the products are free, the opinions are 100% my own. Be sure to follow Saving Said Simply via Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more fun reviews, recipes, crafts, giveaways and more!
We are gearing up for the Big Game Day! Our favorite New England football team made it to the finals, and our family got together to cheer them on. We trust out Big Game Day appetites to DiGiorno Pizza. They are the perfect game time goodies to watch while we cheer on our favorite team.
Not wanting to miss a second of the football fun, I headed to Walmart to pick up some yummy DiGiorno Pizzas for the perfect game time meal. It’s a great time to stock up, since they’re on Rollback right now for only $4.50 each! WOW!
DiGiorno Pizza makes it easy to feed our hungry crowd during the game. We just pop the pizzas in the oven, and they’re ready to eat in minutes! I can’t resist the thick delicious crust of DiGiorno’s Rising Crust Pizzas, so I made a quick an tasty Cheesy Garlic Dipping Sauce to go with!
Cheesy Garlic Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced (Don’t have fresh garlic? That’s ok! Use 1/2 TBSP of garlic powder)
- 2 TSP parmesan cheese
- Dash of salt as needed to taste
1. Melt Margarine in microwave about 20 seconds.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Serve immediately.
Serves 1-2 people.
Our family loves crowding around the big screen to watch our favorite football team. DiGiorno Pizzas are the perfect Game Time Goodies to enjoy during this exciting time in the season. Easy to prepare so you don’t miss a second of the big game, and of course a yummy meal for any Game Day Fan…
Including this HAPPY fan!
So be sure to head into your local Walmart to stock up on DiGiorno Pizza for your next Game Day and enjoy with your Cheesy Garlic Dipping Sauce!
Disclosure ~ I received compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
- (1) Gorton’s Seafood Grilled Tilapia Fillet
- (1) Cup Fresh Baby Spinach
- (1/2) cup of dried cranberries or craisins
- (1/8 to 1/4 cup) of fresh shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar to taste
1. Cook The Gorton’s Seafood Grilled Tilapia Fillet according to box instructions. I made in the oven and it was easily cooked to perfection!
Make-Ahead Tips: Bake the tilapia the night before. Place the tilapia and oil/vinegar on your salad just before serving (so you salad doesn’t wilt.) for a great lunch idea!
Stay tuned for a delicious giveaway going live later today 🙂
- (3) Chicken Breasts, fully cooked and shredded (I boil frozen chicken, that way I never have to worry about thawing)
- (1) 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- (1) Bottle of Buffalo Sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce. I personally think this tastes the best)
- (1) 8 oz. Bag of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Combine Shredded Chicken with bottle of Buffalo Sauce. For maximum flavor, I refrigerate overnight to allow for marinading 🙂
2. Spread softened Cream Cheese on bottom of 9×13 pan.
3. Top with evenly spread chicken.
4. Top with cheddar cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked and cheese is fully melted.
Serve with Tortilla Chips, Crackers, etc. This is a huge crowd pleaser at my family events and is always requested!
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fresh from Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
I LOVE living in Florida!! Florida is so unique in that we are a state that is surrounded on three sides by water. That means we have access to some amazing local seafood! Fresh From Florida has some great recipes for all of the great premium Florida seafood options. I especially LOVE Florida Gulf Shrimp.
With so much great shrimp available locally, I can head into my local grocery store or favorite Farmer’s Market and get the freshest, plumpest and best tasting shrimp, just like I caught it myself! I recently found this amazing Shrimp Stir Fry recipe on the Fresh from Florida website! Come check out the deliciousness with Asian flair!
- 1 pound Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Florida bell peppers, assorted colors, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Florida honey
- 1 cup Florida orange juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Oil for cooking
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Lightly coat the shrimp with the corn starch. Preheat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the preheated sauté pan. Carefully add the coated shrimp to the sauté pan and cook until almost done, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and add the peppers and onions. Cook the peppers for 4 minutes.
- Add the honey, orange juice and soy sauce to the pan. Turn the heat up slightly. Bring the liquid ingredients up to a boil. Turn the heat back down to medium high and add the shrimp back to the sauté pan. The sauce should thicken and the shrimp will be cooked after three minutes. Serve over brown rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Can we say YUM?! I am always a big fan of stir fry. But now add delicious honey glazed Florida Shrimp? I’m in seafood heaven! You can find this Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe and SO many other great shrimp recipes on the Fresh From Florida website!
Follow Fresh from Florida on Facebook for more great recipes, tips & more
Follow @FreshfromFL on Twitter too
Who’s hungry? What’s your favorite shrimp go-to recipe?
Mom’s Lace Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 2 cups Banana Nut Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 cup freeze dried banana chips (or regular dried banana chips)
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
1. In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereals and peanuts.
2. In 2-cup microwaveable measuring cup, microwave butter until melted, about 30 seconds. Stir in brown sugar and peanut butter; microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture is boiling. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
3. Microwave uncovered on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in dried bananas and candies. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container. Makes 17 servings.
The new Minion Munch is great to enjoy with the new Despicable Me 2 Movie, now released on Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack! I wish you could hear the laughs my son bellows every time he sees those minions!
Ready for a giveaway? You can win a FUN Despicable Me 2 Prize Pack:
- Despicable Me 2 Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack
- 1 Box of Chocolate Chex
- 1 Box of Honey Nut Chex
- 1 Box of Banana Nut Cheerios
- 1 CUTE Minion USB (seriously cute!)
So you can enjoy a FUN movie night with your family AND eat the new Minion Munch Chex Party Mix too! I love this giveaway! Ends 1/11/14, so HURRY! Here’s how to enter:
Never entered a Saving Said Simply giveaway before? Click HERE to get started!
Disclosure ~The cereal, recipe, information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. I received free products in exchange for this posting. MyBlogSpark is responsible for shipment of prizes. Saving Said Simply not responsible for prize shipment.