Need some ideas to keep the kids busy and cooled off this summer? Check out 40+ Water Summer Activities for Kids + FREE Printable Checklist! This splashing fun post is sponsored by The Step2 Company as a Step2 Ambassador. All play time opinions are my own
Are you ready for summer? It’s hard to believe that in a few short weeks our kids will be out of school and looking for ways to enjoy summer memories! And what better way than with water! Water is definitely one of the BEST ways for my kids to explore, create, discover and play – always resulting in smiles! So to kick off summer, I’m sharing 40+ Water Summer Activities for Kids this season. Because you never can have too little water play ideas for the kids, right?! Grab your water activity ideas and a FREE Summer Activity Checklist Printable to enjoy too.
1. Make your own Kids Car Wash
2. Play Water Balloon Baseball
3. Paint with Ice – just add food coloring
4. Make Snow Cones
5. Discover the New Step2 Waterfall Discovery Wall
Discover water in a whole new way with the Step2 Waterfall Discovery Wall! This 2-sided wall contains everything your child needs to create mazes of splashing water fun! Can we say endless water summer activities in one toy? YES!
Scoop water to pour into the top of the wall and watch the water cascade down chutes, funnels, spinners and giggles.
The water then collects at the bottom of the basin so your kids can scoop and play all over again. This new and innovative toy is a great way to get kids playing and learning about water throughout the summer.
- Minimal set up – up and playing in minutes!
- Includes 13 piece accessory set with funnels, spinners, buckets, cups and chutes
- Stands about 33 inches tall when fully assembled – grows with your child!
- Fun vertical design – perfect for storing in smaller spaces
- Built in notches and holes to hold your maze pieces and cups – easy for little ones to work on those motor skills
- Quality and Durable Step2 Plastic that lasts through your child’s toughest play time
- Recommended for ages 1.5 years+. But my 7 year old was just as happy to play with this toy too!
- Hours of water play!
Keep in mind, there is no drain hole in the basin of this toy. I just let the kids play for hours until the water is about empty, then tip the toy to drain. The new Step2 Waterfall Discovery Wall is available exclusively at Toys R’ Us for the MSRP as low as $50! Seriously, such a bargain for this toy.
We have gotten so much use out of ours already. I know it will continue to be a hit through the summer!
6. Run Through a Sprinkler
7. Go Swimming
9. Make Your Own Homemade Bubbles with 1 cup of distilled water, 2 tablespoons of Dawn dish soap and 1 tablespoon of glycerin
10. Slide on a Water Slide
11. Create Your Own Sidewalk Chalk Paint
12. Feed the Ducks (the ducks like water, right?)
13. Visit the Beach
14. Go Canoeing
15. Toss Some Sponge Balls
16. Have a Water Balloon Fight
17. Make a Sensory Bottle
18. Have a Squirt Gun Race
19. Make Homemade Popsicles like these no sugar added ones!
20. Make Your Own Ice Cream
21. Play with a Water Table
22. Wash Mom and Dad’s Car
23.Make a Water Obstacle Course
24. Jump in Rain Puddles
25. Skip Rocks
26. Have a Water Gun Fight
27. Make This Watermelon Lemonade Slush
28. Host a Neighborhood Water Themed Party (like this Finding Dory Party)
29. Go Fishing
30. Head to a Water Park
31. Visit an Aquarium
32. Hold a Lemonade Stand
33. Plant a Summer Herb Garden (You’ll need water for that!)
34. Play These 15 Swimming Pool Games
35. Go on a Boat Ride
36. Visit a Natural Spring
37. Make Your Own Edible Finger Paint
38. Do a Water Science Experiment
39. Head to Your Local Splash Park
40. Play Water Balloon Pinata
41. Sail Your Own Milk Carton Sailboat
Free Kids Summer Activity Checklist Printable
And because I don’t want you to forget any of these FUN water ideas for the summer, I’ve made a handy printable checklist for you too! Just click the picture to open and save the summer checklist. Print and check off your fun summer water activities as you make your way through the season.
We’re expected to have a BLAST this summer thanks to this list of fun water summer activities for kids! I cannot wait to check everything off throughout the season.
What is your child’s favorite way to play with water during the summer?
Looking for more?